• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Falling out of Manual mode Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

I'm trying to do shunting activity, which is conducted in Manual Mode. Periodically I find that OR has switched me out of Manual Mode into 'node no path', which means that as I approach a set of points I need to change I get a buzzer instead. If I've selected Manual Mode, shouldn't it stay there?

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

I too have seen this problem.

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

A screenshot including track monitor and dispatcher info HUD would be of help.

#4 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 09 November 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

A screenshot including track monitor and dispatcher info HUD would be of help.

What do you want a screenshot of? The scenario when it is in Manual Mode or the scenario in 'node no path'? Isn't the issue that the software shouldn't be able to switch you OUT of Manual Mode? It should be able to prevent (or at least deter) changing of points or signals that conflict with AI traffic.

#5 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

A screenshot in case of "Node no path" is what I desire. It seems to me quite strange that the train passes automatically from manual to auto mode. This may happen only by pressing Ctrl-M when the train is back on its original path.

#6 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

Attached Image: Santucci.jpgOK. Here it is.

#7 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:03 AM

Yup, happens to me too. After hitting CTRL-M for my yard work, I travel to the next destination and have to hit CTRL-M again for switching in that yard.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/oldstry.gif

#8 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

The first code check says that the "No Path" indication can arise also while in Manual Mode. So there has been no spurious switching to Auto Mode. Unfortunately it's not a part of code that I know well.

First question: how does the track at the rear (at the right for the viewer) look like? is there a very long stretch without signals and without switches?

#9 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:40 AM

When in manual mode in a non-signalled area, trailing switches will not automatically align with the train's path but must be set manually.
This was the outcome of a lengthy discussion here on the forum, and the majority consensus was that automatic setting of switches was unprototypical.
So when in manual mode you have to watch the switches ahead of the train and ensure they are properly set. The path of the train will not extend over a switch which is not properly aligned, so when running over such a switch you will indeed go "out of path".
By the way, as long as the switch is not properly aligned it may be 'reserved' by a passing AI train. In that case, the switch will be locked against the player train and can not be set. It may help to display the dispatcher hud to check for the extent of the player train path. The dispatcher hud will also show if switches are locked when reserved for another train.
In signalled areas things are a little different, for when a signal is cleared it is reasonable to assume that switches beyond that signal are properly aligned.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#10 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:50 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 11 November 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

The first code check says that the "No Path" indication can arise also while in Manual Mode. So there has been no spurious switching to Auto Mode. Unfortunately it's not a part of code that I know well.

First question: how does the track at the rear (at the right for the viewer) look like? is there a very long stretch without signals and without switches?

The track to the right rear of the engine is a dead end siding. The action takes place in a unsignalled goods yard, the nearest running line on which AI traffic occurs is next to the platform face at the top of the picture.

It is perfectly possible that I may have 'forced' a set of trailing points, as can be seen above the engine some of the pointwork is complicated and it is difficult to see which way the points are set. The switch display of course only shows the first set to the front or rear.

From a game point of view I still wouldn't expect it to drop out of Manual Mode by itself.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users