• You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamic track and the local tsection.dat file Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

Q: Does TSRE have a limit -- exactly 1000 -- on how many entries can be placed into the routes own tsection.dat file?

I'm looking at a local (route specific) tsection.dat file that has exactly 1000 entries and a route riter report that says there are 1474 dynamic tracks in the route. IOW the tsection file should have 1474 entries, not 1000. Further, the first 474 entries in the tsection file have been reused in the route which means there are 474 instances of dynamic track that have some sort of problem with whatever the local tsection.dat file is used for.

I'm trying to figure out how this happened and how to fix it.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

Dynamic tracks can share tsection.dat entries, so there is always more dynamic tracks in .w file than in tsection.dat.
Friends use TSRE with route that has over 5000 tsections and over 1700 track shapes in the local tsection.dat file.

I see your post on trainsim contains more information.

I'm looking at a route riter report that's telling me there are duplicate SectionIdx values in various world files that have been assigned to different dynamic tracks.

It is an error. Dynamic tracks can share sectionidx, but only if they have the same shape. So .. it is an error. But I don't think it's TSRE error. My friends got this error when merging routes and working in KUJU RE.

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, I can see the effects so I know it is an error. If you are sure it is in KUJU's RE I'll look for answers with that in mind (I'm starting to wonder if this route I'm fiddling with is going to be worth the bother to fix....). Thanks.

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 30 October 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

If you are sure it is in KUJU's RE I'll look for answers with that in mind (I'm starting to wonder if this route I'm fiddling with is going to be worth the bother to fix....). Thanks.

I'm not saying it is KUJU RE error. If the route wasn't merged or something, it's not possible, I think.

#5 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 30 October 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'm looking at a local (route specific) tsection.dat file that has exactly 1000 entries and a route riter report that says there are 1474 dynamic tracks in the route. IOW the tsection file should have 1474 entries, not 1000. Further, the first 474 entries in the tsection file have been reused in the route which means there are 474 instances of dynamic track that have some sort of problem with whatever the local tsection.dat file is used for.

I'm not sure about your last sentence there, but how many "SectionIdx" entries are there in the file?

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 30 October 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Yeah, I can see the effects so I know it is an error.

Now I'm thinking I'm not sure what is your problem. Can you describe how the error looks like?
Maybe it isn't an error at all?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users