• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MonoGameOR 3.6 and ReShade Very hot combination! Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   ErickC 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

I think the point he was making is that the effect looks like the quality of old camera phones, where the colours were super-saturated and the contrast was ultra-high. To be fair, though, I think that the model resolution we were used to in the latter MSTS days ought to be considered appropriate only for AI use now.

#12 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

Erick, I agree, but I'd rather have the right model that looks bad than a substitute that screams "wrong" to me. I know not everybody thinks like that.
Christopher

#13 User is offline   ErickC 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

I wholeheartedly agree. I am just acknowledging that, while I think that Goku and I both find the effects of the shader to be overdone, rather than implying any criticism of any of the content in the image, Dave is nevertheless correct when he says that the overall visual quality of the simulator is partially a result of the content in it, and that a lot of it is starting to show its age (I nearly scared myself half to death the other day; I loaded up my GP20). I am speaking to the idea that those of us who build models, from here on out, should probably increase the overall resolution of what we build, because the times they are a-changin'.

#14 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 29 October 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

It's not the software that makes that older content look bad, its the resolution at which you view them.

Oh brother ain't that the awful truth!

#15 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

Reshade has a whole .ini file to fool around with. Personally I have used it since day one to sharpen the most stubborn TS-20xx screens. TS-20xx refuses to allow any image output changes with my invaluable Nvidia Inpector. But Reshade allows me to get back at least some of what I want, which means getting rid of the blurriness that I hate and also allows be to brighten some of the over dark areas, especially in cab views, which at times are almost pitch black. Where is that switch to start the engine!

#16 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

I don't know how it was done but I feel this video shows what is possible in ORTS. My link It's only the beginning of what can be achieved both by high detail models and high detailed textures.

Robert

#17 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

This indeed is a nice combo an takes a lot of experimenting an tweaking of shades an settings an I like it.

I like now how I can get bright objects especially the sun to actually glare blind me while looking at it in ORTS as well as adjust fog, cloud contrast, time of day an ambient light settings.

ORTS + MonoGame + ReShade Test

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users