• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some suggestions for diesel refueling Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

I've had time in the last couple of days to experiment with some OR features that I haven't used much. One is diesel refueling. Based on that, here are a couple of suggestions: First, the "T" key has to be pressed continually to refuel a locomotive "manually." Depending on the locomotive, refueling can take many minutes (as it does prototypically). In MSTS, Shift+T could be used continuously refuel--just as pressing Shift+B will keep the bell ringing on a diesel locomotive until the B key is pressed again. However, pressing Shift+T in OR instantaneously refuels the locomotive to full, and not just a single locomotive, but all of them in the consist. So, my suggestion would be to set the T key to begin refueling when pressed once and continue refueling until pressed again, or until the fuel tank is full. I wouldn't think that would be a difficult programming change.

Second, when designing an activity, the fuel level can be initially set, but the percentage of fuel is the same for all locomotives in the player consist. More prototypical would be to have the ability to set the initial fuel level of locomotives individually in the consist. Maybe this could be effected by setting a fuel level range (e.g., 35%-85%) for the player consist in the AE and allow the program to randomly set the fuel levels of the locomotives in the consist within that range. Maybe this could be done as an OR Action Event timed at the start of the activity?

Just some thoughts. Thanks again to the OR Team for all the neat enhancements that have come along. You all are GREAT!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users