Elvas Tower: How to tell what kind of wagon is in a consist - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to tell what kind of wagon is in a consist cryptic file names Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

View PostProcopius, on 19 October 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

I'm already registered at the 3D Trains forum, but it hadn't occurred to me to post a question there. I'll try to remember that in the future. At least I now have some confidence that it's a boxcar, which is a help. My usual procedure is to download all rolling stock listed in the readme file, and then write down the name(s) given in the error messages. I get fatigued, because often MSTS will only list three or five "error reading train database" messages, and then I have to close MSTS and restart it and get three of four entirely new messages. I recently found a new program, MSTS ActMan, which helps locate all the consists for an activity. Also, I probably should go back to using Route Control Lite for an initial check. Unfortunately, I can't always tell where the error is coming from -- sometimes from typos in the consist file, sometimes from the .act file. Well, it keeps me occupied.

That is why the tools of ConBuilder are useful. Run the Consist test, then print out the Missing Items Error List.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users