• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Activity editor findings so far. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

After working with the activity editor, I noticed that the Briefing and Description information entered in the Activity Settings window is not saved to the "act" file. If you manually enter the information in the "act" file, the information will be displayed in the Activity Settings window.

What is the purpose of "Link Selected" button when using the "Drop off cars at location" event? This process of selecting the siding object which I believe should be done is not easy. There was only one time I was able to select the siding object.

When selecting cars for the above event, should we be able to select the cars that are part of the player train? If so, how can this be done?

When placing loose consists, the "Place Consist" button remains selected and can't be deselected. That is if I am doing everything correctly. The other part is the ability to select the loose consist once placed. What part of the car are you suppose to select? Of course all this is done while in activity mode, meaning activity tool is visible and activity file is selected.

Edward K.

#2 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Currently having problem with the path process. I first created a path with Track Viewer and had problems. I then switched to the MSTS activity editor to create a path and I am still having issues. I should be having no problems since I created a simple activity that is not complete, but no issues with the path. The activity I am working with now is different, but having path issues.

Edit: Path issue is caused by naming convention so its my doing. Still having problems selecting cars&siding object.

Edward K.

#3 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

Ok, selection process is also my doing. Overall, the only issue is the briefing@description issue. Another possible issue is during my pickup car from siding activity, I did not notice the location information for the cars in the work orders screen under OR.

Edward K.

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

I did not notice the location information for the cars in the work orders screen under OR.

Current TSRE version don't put that info in wagon list.
But yoj can use custom description.

#5 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:26 AM

I have another finding, altough I'm not 100% sure: if you don't create at least an event, the .act file is not generated. Instead, a file with no extension seems to be generated.

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:45 AM

Instead, a file with no extension seems to be generated.

Yes, there is a bug. You need to edit File Name in activity settings before first save.
Fixed in next version .. but it is still recommended to edit File Name first.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users