Elvas Tower: Brake pipe charging rate - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brake pipe charging rate 21psi/s or value 1000 + request for eng command Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

Hello,

A traindriver have give me a tip, when he see a movie of cabinedrive in ORTS, and tell me that me LAR (Pipe Automatic Brake), release too slow

I was changing the values of .ENG file, but that make not sense.

Than i was thinking on the options menu "Brake pipe charging rate" that was stay on 21PSI/s.

I have read the manual.pdf of workingrelease about this item, and if i understand it good, i must change that value 21 to 1000, that ORTS deactivate his own brakesytem, and read now .ENG file.

In my country you have locomotives that quick refill, or slower. I think in my case use "1000" is best option, but than i must reprogram al my ENG & WAG files for working realistic with value "1000"

I think it is better that there can be add a line in the .eng file like is done by "ORTSExternalSoundPassedThroughPercent" but for this.

when a engineer add to the .eng file or .wag file example ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 35 ), that that ENG file handle 35PSI/s and override the 1000 or 21PSI/s box of the options menu.

When the engineer set ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 1000 ) in the ENG/WAG, when in options menu 21PSI/s (standard) is active, than must the simulation handle the data, that engineer have written in ENG/WAG.

So if this is possible than can be easy when a "1000" eng is not ok for work correctly, be override by ORTS control for it.

But it must be work that you can mix:

Consist:

ENG file 1: ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 1000 )

ENG file 2: ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 15 )

WAG file 1/2/3/4/5/6/7: ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 1000 )

WAG file 8: ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 21 )

As engineer i will that ORTS do what i have written in ENG/WAG in case brakerelease, value 1000 means that i must reprogram all eng/wag files, that is lot work in 1 time.

Than is a system like External sound way, best solution.

In advance thanks,

Stijn

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users