• You cannot reply to this topic

Increase % of screen resolution How Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   B & O GUY 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Team

I recently purchased a laptop PC that has a screen resolution of 1600 X 900. Everything is pretty small for my old eyes and to correct this I increased the resolution to 125% to make modeling easier. When I did this, the Open Rails screen is not fully opened. The bottom part of the screen is not visible and despite every effort to get to the bottom menu items all efforts failed. I'm now back to 100% screen resolution which makes modeling more difficult, but I am able to run Open Rails again. Is there a way for me to fix this?

Allen

#2 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

Instead of changing the DPI setting, try using a lower screen resolution? Perhaps 1366x768? The screen won't look as nice and crisp but everything will be bigger, and the scaling problems should be minimized.

#3 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

B & O GUY, on 30 September 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

I recently purchased a laptop PC that has a screen resolution of 1600 X 900. Everything is pretty small for my old eyes and to correct this I increased the resolution to 125% to make modeling easier. When I did this, the Open Rails screen is not fully opened. The bottom part of the screen is not visible and despite every effort to get to the bottom menu items all efforts failed. I'm now back to 100% screen resolution which makes modeling more difficult, but I am able to run Open Rails again. Is there a way for me to fix this?

At 125%, the menu should only be about 825 pixels high, which seems like it would fit (even allowing for the taskbar), but maybe not?

In any case, as the Open Rails menu is not resizable, there's not much you can try unfortunately; one possibility I can think of is to open up the properties page (navigate to Menu.exe and right-click, Properties), go to Compatibility, and try using the "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" option. Here on Windows 10, you can select three options in the drop-down but I am not sure if any will help.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users