• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Going beyond the 4 GB of memory Rate Topic: -----

#201 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:08 AM

For people desiring to autonomously generating OR MG versions, in addition to the source patch available here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__232703 , also the MG .dlls are needed. They are made available here, and must be unpacked in a "MonoGame" folder to be added within Source\3rdPartyLibs
Attached File  MonoGame.zip (1.1MB)
Number of downloads: 415

#202 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

Carlo,

Thanks for your work. I have to admit that compiling my own version was never attempted until now. I am guessing that starting with the source, all known patches must be applied? Unless I can use only one patch, but the issue I am having still exits. I first applied the Rev2 patch and so far so good. I then applied Rev3 and I was able to compile, but I get an index out of range message when I run it. Did anybody experience this?

Error: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Logger.LogWarning(String helpLink, ContentIdentity contentIdentity, String message, Object[] messageArgs) in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shaders.cs:line 105
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Processors.EffectProcessor.ProcessErrorsAndWarnings(Boolean buildFailed, String shaderErrorsAndWarnings, EffectContent input, ContentProcessorContext context) in H:\Programmi\MonoGame_boh\MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline\Processors\EffectProcessor.cs:line 178
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Processors.EffectProcessor.Process(EffectContent input, ContentProcessorContext context) in H:\Programmi\MonoGame_boh\MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline\Processors\EffectProcessor.cs:line 106
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Shader.GetEffectCode(String filename) in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shaders.cs:line 53
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Shader..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, String filename) in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shaders.cs:line 38
   at Orts.Viewer3D.ParticleEmitterShader..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shaders.cs:line 530
   at Orts.Viewer3D.SharedMaterialManager..ctor(Viewer viewer) in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Materials.cs:line 216
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.Initialize() in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewer.cs:line 394
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer..ctor(Simulator simulator, Game game) in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewer.cs:line 305
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Start(UserSettings settings, String acttype, String[] args) in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 288
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.<>c__DisplayClass35_0.<Load>b__3() in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 149
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Load() in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 190
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.Load() in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 161
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.DoLoad() in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 140
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.LoaderThread() in C:\Users\Edward\Documents\ORS\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 111
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

#203 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:48 PM

You must apply only the last patch. Every patch version includes the preceding ones.

#204 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

I used the source provided at the beginning of this thread and I applied the recent patch provided and wound up with errors while compiling. Is there something missing? If all that needed to be done was to apply the recent patch to the provided source, then I should have a working executable. I am using VS 2017 Community. Is the source provided at the beginning still valid?

Edward K.

#205 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

I normally do not apply patches, but I did notice on the project files, I get a "1 failed hunk message".

Edit: As I look at the files that are to be patched, the failed hunk message is common. Any ideas?

#206 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:48 AM

You must apply the most recent patch to the standard and actual OR source code (the one you can download by TortoiseSVN), not to the source code provided at the beginning of this thread.
If you get failed hunk messages, something has gone wrong.

#207 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 15 March 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

You must apply the most recent patch to the standard and actual OR source code (the one you can download by TortoiseSVN), not to the source code provided at the beginning of this thread.
If you get failed hunk messages, something has gone wrong.

Carlo,

You have been at work with the same code base starting with Peter's version so it makes sense that what you have is error free, but unless I am doing something completely wrong, I am still unable to get a clean compile.

Based on your response, the source.zip that was provided which I believe is Peter's version is no longer used? This version I had better luck with since I was able to apply the patches and compile. The only problem was the out of index issue when run and the last patch. I did make sure that the monogame files were included.

This only leaves the current code which is used by default for development. Doing what you said, I applied the 4075 patch to the SVN build which is currently at 4090 and I wound up with numerous compile issues. This means there must be a step missing.

As far as I know, I am doing everything correctly so I will ask that if anybody did do this and all is fine, please describe in detail.

Edward K.

#208 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

I tried the full procedure from scratch and in fact I get errors too. I will check what has gone wrong.

Edit: I believe this has something to do with changes performed in x.4083 by adding the command file line loaders, that require an update of the patch file.

P.S.: Yes, it is so: if you start from x.4082 you get an error free and working build. When I have time I'll update the patch for x.4090.

P.P:s: As a temporary solution You can also start from x.4090, within Solution Explorer right-click on ContentChecker, select Remove. It will be removed from the project.

#209 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:34 AM

Here is the patch for x.4090
Attached File  Monogame_4090.zip (53.49K)
Number of downloads: 381

#210 User is offline   Smecty 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

Hi Carlo,

I've found a problem with vacuum brakes in the MonoGame version of X4075: the brakes are set at 16 inches of Mercury and when completely releasing the brakes this setting fails to budge. To have vacuum brakes completely release the Mercury must be at 21 inches. See screenshot below:

Attached Image: 1.jpg

But when I run the same consist and route in the XNA-enabled production version 1.2, releasing the brakes works and both the engine and carriages exhaust to a full 21 inches of Mercury. See screenshot below:

Attached Image: 2.jpg

I thought that the vacuum brake issue had been solved quite a bit before X4075? I'm attaching the log files for both sessions.

Cheers,

David

Attached File  OpenRailsLog_MonoGame.txt (22.36K)
Number of downloads: 267
Attached File  OpenRailsLog_v1.2.txt (21.82K)
Number of downloads: 247

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users