• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Going beyond the 4 GB of memory Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:04 AM

I experimented a considerable amount with the monogame version and even kept it updated in step with the "real" version for a few months. Not only was memory usage reduced but cpu usage just about halved. I did report a few bugs to Peter but I can't find the posts now. I seem to remember that they had something to do with picking up user input correctly in some circumstances and window positioning. There might have been some graphics issues as well. Overall, I was seriously impressed with the performance compared to XNA and the bugs seemed on the face of it to be minor. I must try and find time to do get back into train simming.

Dennis

#22 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

To ease developers' operations I attach here an OR Monogame developer's kit, that includes a patch file and the Monogame libraries.
The kit must be unzipped within the "Source" folder of an OR source kit that is checked out with TortoiseSVN. You will get the patch file within "Source" and the Monogame libraries within 3rdPartyLibs\Monogame. You simply execute the patch file with TortoiseSVN and you will have a buildable source version based on Monogame. I will modify the kit only if there are improvements in the Monogame operation of OR (or if some incompatibility arises). So I won't have to update the downloadable source pack any more; however I have the intention to update (not on a one-to-one basis) the downloadable executable pack with the new OR versions.
Attached File  OR_MG_DevKit_Rev2.zip (1.26MB)
Number of downloads: 455

9/10/17: updated DevKit with release that corrects the rainbow colours of the steam loco exhausts
10/10/17: updated DevKit with release that corrects inital position of OR window and centers full screen

I hope that this transient phase will last few time and that it will be decided that OR Monogame becomes the official OR version.
Patches to correct the few small remaining issues are welcome (in fact the main aim the developer's kit is that one), because in general I won't work on that: I've done the sherpa work, but I'm not able to introduce improvements.

#23 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

People having this working are quite satisfied. Unfortunately, at least in my country, there also people getting problems.
Someone has a bad pixellation effect like following one:
Attached Image: Pixellation.jpg
Someone gets crash messages like following one:
Attached Image: Crash.jpg
which says "An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous."
Searching on the Internet, this seems to be the problem
https://docs.microso...access-security

Any ideas?

#24 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 05 October 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

To ease developers' operations I attach here an OR Monogame developer's kit, that includes a patch file and the Monogame libraries.
The kit must be unzipped within the "Source" folder of an OR source kit that is checked out with TortoiseSVN. You will get the patch file within "Source" and the Monogame libraries within 3rdPartyLibs\Monogame. You simply execute the patch file with TortoiseSVN and you will have a buildable source version based on Monogame. I will modify the kit only if there are improvements in the Monogame operation of OR (or if some incompatibility arises). So I won't have to update the downloadable source pack any more; however I have the intention to update (not on a one-to-one basis) the downloadable executable pack with the new OR versions.
Attachment OR_MG_DevKit.zip

I hope that this transient phase will last few time and that it will be decided that OR Monogame becomes the official OR version.
Patches to correct the few small remaining issues are welcome (in fact the main aim the developer's kit is that one), because in general I won't work on that: I've done the sherpa work, but I'm not able to introduce improvements.

Carlo,

Do you know if the version being used matches with what can be downloaded from the Monogame site? I initially set up Community Edition 2017 with the latest release of Monogame.

Edward K.

#25 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

The actual OR MonoGame version uses MonoGame version 3.5. The most updated MonoGame version is 3.6. I'm trying to update the OR solution to it, as I think it could solve some of the outstanding problems, but I'm not sure I'll succeed.

In the meantime here is the MonoGame version of OR x3957
http://www.interazio...57_Monogame.zip

#26 User is online   Icik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

Does anyone antialiasing work? I can not force edging of the edges over the graphics drivers.

#27 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:06 AM

Carlo

I have tried the monogame version and I am getting severe pixellation and what looks like z buffer fighting on track shapes. The pixellation shows through the train models and on some faces of scenery items. Trees and terrtex do not appear to be affected.

Long list of shader warnings in the log file which is attached.

Attached File(s)

#28 User is offline   istvanek 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:03 AM

I am getting this error:
Error: System.ArgumentException: Długość tablicy docelowej jest niewystarczająca. Sprawdź element destIndex, długość oraz dolną granicę tablicy.
   w System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
   w System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ToArray()
   w Orts.Viewer3D.TrackSoundSource.UpdateCarOnSwitchAndCurve() w D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_actual\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Sound.cs:wiersz 392
   w Orts.Viewer3D.TrackSoundSource.Update() w D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_actual\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Sound.cs:wiersz 330
   w Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.SoundProcess.Sound() w D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_actual\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\SoundProcess.cs:wiersz 185
   w Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.SoundProcess.DoSound() w D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_actual\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\SoundProcess.cs:wiersz 116
   w Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.SoundProcess.SoundThread() w D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_actual\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\SoundProcess.cs:wiersz 100
   w System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   w System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

"Długość tablicy docelowej jest niewystarczająca. Sprawdź element destIndex, długość oraz dolną granicę tablicy." means 'The length of the target array is insufficient. Check destIndex element, length and lower limit of the array.'

It happens when a middle of a train (3 engines and 38 cars - so quite long) is crossing 3rd or 4th switch after game start. I am using DemoAutoSound provided by Carlo (with some minor tweaks). Log attached.

EDIT: Problem vanished when I removed ORTS switch and curve commands from .trk file. Of course XNA version of OR works fine with this command present.

Attached File(s)

#29 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

Merwyn,
yes, the pixellation issue is probably the most serious one, and it occurs to many people. Issue is present also in gpz's original version.

#30 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Carlo, far as I am aware I have Directx 9c, 10 , 11 and 12 installed. So unless there are calls for the earlier ones version 12 is used.

• 32 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users