• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Going beyond the 4 GB of memory Rate Topic: -----

#311 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

Good evening to everyone. I am a scenario builder for Open Rails and Train Simulator .. I have a PC with the following requirements:

Ram 8 GB
CPU 3.8 Ghz AMD Phenom X3
GPU 4.0 GB Nvidia GTX 150Ti
Win7 64

I would like to ask a question to all the staff and developers of Open Rails.

I am developing an entire scenario, set in Sicily, the scenario reproduces about 700 km of railway lines, and it is still under construction. It is only compatible with Open Rails .. But I have a doubt ... it is possible that with the Monogame version, after having done at least 2 hours and 20 of activity, that the resolution passes to 640x480 and I check a window with writing that paged memory is not enough to continue the game? this happens only with the Monogame, exceeded 4Gb, this happens .. and consider that I have activated the option for extended executables !!

With Open Rails instead, standard, the activities crash me very often, and I get the error "Out of Memory Exception".

It will be that I keep unstable versions of the program installed, but I am amazed that, however, both are crashing on such scenarios ..

#312 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:17 PM

How Large is your page file?

#313 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:00 AM

Hi,

The Replay mechanism stashes your commands in memory until you exit, so it's continually growing as time passes.

If this is indeed the problem, then you can Save, Exit and Resume at intervals.

Hope that helps and please feed back your findings,

#314 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:15 AM

Hello everyone, first of all thanks for the answers, my paging file is currently set at 20 GB, considering that I have a 120gb SSD and a 1 Terabyte External Hard Drive.

The problem, in fact, occurs during long activities, as precisely, as explained by Chris, the memory increases as the activity goes on for many miles, so much so that I just adopted this method of saving and reloading, for the longest routes.

Meanwhile, I redid a test with the standard version of Open Rails, last release, and unfortunately, the RunActivity.exe, often crashes with the classic message .. I think that I will have to bring my RAM to 16gb ...

What do you do for love !! :-D

#315 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

I think that maybe the Out Of Memory error message may be referring to the virtual memory stack instead of the physical memory installed. This is a common happening in MS flightsims 2004 and X.

#316 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

Maybe, although I still have MSTS and Open Rails installed on the External Hard Disk, which weighs 1 terabyte. It could also be due to the fact that the main SSD has the last 33 GB available and so everything is explained .. however, to reassure me, I will extend the RAM, and if the problem persists, I will investigate the fact that the SSD is the problem..

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users