• You cannot reply to this topic

Adjusting the elevation values accurately. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

After reading the comments of some users, I would like to propose the following patch to help the precise adjustment of the elevation values.
We should take into account, that when any elevation value is modified, this new value will be used to obtain the rest of the units by conversion formula. (‰, º, % )
To have a result as accurate as possible, it is required to use a certain number of decimals. In this case, six decimals will be used.
This patch allows us to modify each one of the six decimal digits for the values of per-mill, grade or percent.

How does it work? The following steps explain it:
- We select an object (track). Then the Elevation data appears.
- Now we can press “R” key, and 8 and 2 keys to move up or down the track elevation.
- We can click into label, then value remains bold style, and Accuracy value too.

Removed by obsolete.

- After doing it, we need to click again on the selected object so that "selecTool" is enabled again.
- Now with Plus and Minus keys, we can modify Acurracy values from 10 to 0.0000001, then pressing 8 or 2 keys we can modify the digit elevation value.

It works the same way for º and % labels.
Removed by obsolete.

After practicing, it becomes a useful tool to adjust track elevation with accuracy.

I attached the patch code and the exe versions for 32 and 64 bits.
Removed by obsolete.

Regards,
Mauricio

#2 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

Mauricio very good patch. I hope Gocu be good enough to include it in its next distribution

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

IMO the editor should always allow the end user to type in the value he wants, numeric or otherwise, but especially numeric. The use of only a mouse or arrow keys to increase or decrease a numeric value is usually very poor ergonomics for anything more than a very minor change. One only needs to refer to the KUJU editor to see worst case examples as the practice to avoid.

#4 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 09 October 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

IMO the editor should always allow the end user to type in the value he wants, numeric or otherwise, but especially numeric. ...............snip.........................

Not sure if I should have started new thread but please move it to new if you think so . . . thus the new 692 editor:
Speaking of Typing values into the Elevation panel . . . still broken . . .

Attached File  TSREv0_692 ELEV FLIPPED TRACK.jpg (158.79K)
Number of downloads: 9

I wanted a 1.0% (10.00 permille) grade . . .I still get this result: elevation jumps with every keystroke( 10.00 ) on a flipped track ... ending up (after typing 10.00 in permille field) with . . . well, the pic shows all.

Next Bug:
Oh, (and I may have folder structure incorrect) open PRR Route OK with supplied settings.txt file.
++ BUT . . . if I copy in my existing I'm using ( and working ) settings.txt in v0.991, TSRE crashes on opening.
Hopefully I'll be able to include a copy of the log.txt with this post.
Attached File  TSRE_LOG.zip (15.55K)
Number of downloads: 0

best regards,
vince

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users