Elvas Tower: Loading activity crashes MS Activity Editor - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Loading activity crashes MS Activity Editor Service XXX (xxxx) is out of date. Please re-save... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Procopius 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:42 AM

Something deleted a couple of consists from by default Europe1 route. The consists were originally installed by the Class50 update, so I re ran it selecting the Repair option. The updates automatically copy their files to Microsoft Games, and I have my installation in C:\MSTS, so I copied the consists to my TRAINS\CONSISTS folder and that seemed to solve the problem, but when I ran one of the activities I got the error message, "Service Home Stretch (Traffic01) is out of date. Please re-save in Activity Editor." That was followed by the same message about Home Stretch (Traffic).

So I fired up the Activity Editor and found the activity homestre.act listed. I immediately got the error message, "Service Home Stretch (Traffic01) is out of date. Please re-save this activity to update." Then I got the same message for:
Home Stretch (Traffic)
Carlisle-Settle Winter (Traffic01)
Carlisle-Settle Winter (Traffic02)
Home Stretch (Traffic01)
ITR Settle Carlisle
Settle-Carlisle in the Summer
Settle-Carlisle
And then I got the window informing me the program had stopped working and did I want to search for a solution or just close it.

What's my next step? I have the utility Route Riter, but don't know if it would to anything to fix this.

#2 User is offline   Procopius 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

Problem solved. I found I was able to open the services in Wordpad. Enter a space and backspace, and Wordpad says you've altered the file, so saves it with the new date. Now no error message when I run the route. Learn something new every day.

#3 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

Hi Procopius,
It's good that you managed to solve your problem, but I seriously doubt that WordPad would have had anything to do with it!! It's quite possible that AE was able to re-save the activity before it crashed.

I have yet to discover the actual cause of "out of date" messages for services, but suspect it is concerning platform positions in the route. Checking files before and after correction show differences in the DistanceDownPath values, sometimes by only 0.01m.

Cheers,
Ged

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users