Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cabview out of alignment Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   drjayyyy 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

Hello. My cabviews are not giving me a forward view. I tried to add a screenshot of the problem but I get a message saying "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" The view is facing either down or towards the right.

#2 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

View Postdrjayyyy, on 22 September 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Hello. My cabviews are not giving me a forward view. I tried to add a screenshot of the problem but I get a message saying "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" The view is facing either down or towards the right.

Are you using a cabview made for standard size screens on a wide screen, or vice versa?

#3 User is offline   drjayyyy 

• Fireman

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

I'm using the standard cabviews. In other words I'm using whatever cabviews that came with the addon.

#4 User is offline   qballbandit 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

View Postdrjayyyy, on 23 September 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

I'm using the standard cabviews. In other words I'm using whatever cabviews that came with the addon.

If you have the cabview installed and aliased correctly, and you can see the inside, but view to the outside world is skewed....

In the cabview file (.cvf file in your cabview folder) there are two lines like the below example, under each of the 3 views - forward/left/right:

Position ( 0.9 4.0 7.2 )
Direction ( 0 -10 0 )

In general terms:
Position = 0.9 (shift right/left adjustments); 4.0 (shift height up/down adjustments); 7.2 (shift forward/backward) adjustments.
Direction 0 (0 being centered, where higher values tilt upward, lower values tilt downward); -10 (0 being centered, where -10 would swivel to left, 10 would swivel to right) 0 (0 being centered, where -6 would be tilt left 6 degrees, 6 would be tilt right 6 degrees).

Again, keep in mind this isn't an engineers eye-point that is changing relative to the position in the cab, it's changing the engines position relative to the outside world. Always best to adjust your values while testing on straight track.

I hope this helps answer your question. If I misunderstood, I apologize.

Neil B)

#5 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

I have the same issue. I would like to point out that these cabviews were working fine up until the last few updates.

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

If you have a value different from 0 in the "% cab 2D stretch", try setting it at 0.
If this still does not solve the issue, pls. attach the OpenRailsLog.txt file you get and the download link of the cabview.

#7 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

View Postdrjayyyy, on 22 September 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

I tried to add a screenshot of the problem but I get a message saying "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

When attaching screen shots to posts, the JPEG format (.jpg, .jpeg) should be used for the picture. It also should be reasonably sized (not several megabytes). There are many pieces of software available to accomplish this... InfranView is a popular one.

Additionally, you can always attach any file or files by putting them into a .zip file first and then attaching that.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users