Elvas Tower: No compressorsound by using - => AirBrakesCompressorRestartPressure ( -100 ) - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No compressorsound by using - => AirBrakesCompressorRestartPressure ( -100 ) Request for fix Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

Hello,

Someone of the forum (Coolhand) have give me the tip/trick for place a "-" before restart compressor pressure:

AirBrakesCompressorRestartPressure 			( -100 )

For cabcars is this very usefull and for program a engineering of EMU/DMU...

But the only problem what i see is if you place a "-" on a ENG file where no compressor need, but where compressor sound is need (on this EMU you hear fillingsound if compressor runs), you dont hear compressorsound

when this is programmed in .sms

I think ORTS play not stream 12/13 of .sms files where "-" on eng files is used.

For trains like the EMU in my case is this not happy. And hope this can be fix

If you dont want compressorsound in a .sms you can stream 12/13 let it out of that .sms if stream 12/13 back works on AirBrakesCompressorRestartPressure ( -100 ).

In advance thanks

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostStijn D.C., on 17 September 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

Hello,

Someone of the forum (Coolhand) have give me the tip/trick for place a "-" before restart compressor pressure:

AirBrakesCompressorRestartPressure 			( -100 )

For cabcars is this very usefull and for program a engineering of EMU/DMU...

But the only problem what i see is if you place a "-" on a ENG file where no compressor need, but where compressor sound is need (on this EMU you hear fillingsound if compressor runs), you dont hear compressorsound

when this is programmed in .sms

I think ORTS play not stream 12/13 of .sms files where "-" on eng files is used.

For trains like the EMU in my case is this not happy. And hope this can be fix

If you dont want compressorsound in a .sms you can stream 12/13 let it out of that .sms if stream 12/13 back works on AirBrakesCompressorRestartPressure ( -100 ).

In advance thanks

I haven't notice this. If the leading engine has no compressor, but other engines in the consist has a compressor, the compressor sound should still play from that engine even if the leading engine compressor restart is minus.

I will check this now!

EDIT
Maybe i haven't fully understood your question, but the compressor sound still plays on other engines even if the leading engine compressor restart is a minus figure! Obviously the engines with a compressor must have it's own SMS for the compressor sound!

Thanks

#3 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:02 AM

Hello,

What you mean with "i have not notice this?", few months ago, i had a question in case cabcars, and that they have no compressors, you had answer me that i must use a "-" by value of restartcompressor.

That is the only thing that i have said by you (link to you), becauze you have give me that usefull tip, i give you the right credits for it.

The other information of my message is in case my problem, without out (not) link to you offcourse. I thouth everybody interpret this like i said in this message.

------------------

The EMU where i have problem have 3 pieces: Cabcar, middlewagon with pantographs, second cabcar

So the EMU is configured with 3 .eng files with only compressor working in middle wagon, becauze in real that is location too of compressor.

The cabcars have a "-" in compressorsection of .eng file.

I check the .sms files every SMS file have a streampiece for compressor (12/13)

All cabview .sms files have compressorsoundstream, middle wagon have it in external .sms file

.wav files are correct. No errors in logfile.txt too

I hope you test this with option "External sound heard internal" to 0%

Greetz,

#4 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

View PostStijn D.C., on 18 September 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

What you mean with "i have not notice this?", few months ago, i had a question in case cabcars, and that they have no compressors, you had answer me that i must use a "-" by value of restartcompressor.

What i meant was that i haven't notice the compressor sound does not work on other cars if the leading engine has a minus restart for the compressor.

View PostStijn D.C., on 18 September 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

The EMU where i have problem have 3 pieces: Cabcar, middlewagon with pantographs, second cabcar

So the EMU is configured with 3 .eng files with only compressor working in middle wagon, becauze in real that is location too of compressor.

I hope you test this with option "External sound heard internal" to 0%

I have same EMUs as you.

Because the compressor is on a middle car, the sound is played in the cab by that engines external SMS.

In OR and MSTS, if the middle engine sound SMS is set up to use 'external', 'cab' and 'passenger', this also used to work. If the "External sound heard internal" is 0, then i believe this will force all external sounds to be muted from the cab.

Mine is set to 50%. Yes you can hear certain external sounds, but i assume it all depends how the volume is set up for that external sound stream.

Thanks

#5 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:42 AM

Update after my message before this:

I have test with ORTSExternalSoundPassedThroughPercent ( 0 ), i dont hear compressorsounds that i programmed in the cabview.sms or external .sms of cabcars

Onley the external compressorsound is hear if i set ORTSExternalSoundPassedThroughPercent to ( 15 ), and that is than the .wav of middle wagon.

My conclusion is that ORTS dont play the soundstreams from .eng files where CompressorRestart is programmed with a "-" before restartvalue.

For testing this complete i gonna now remove - from 1 cabcar and let know the result in new post.

Greetz,

Stijn

#6 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

Test complete.

And indeed, with no "-" in 1 cabcar i hear the sound now.

This is a testmovie of that EMU few days ago: https://youtu.be/57Jm-t5puvM

Wikipedia information: https://en.wikipedia...SNCB_Class_AM96

It is a EMU with Danish style

Now comes the question of it is possible that the code of ORTS can let play that sound by "-" too

Otherwise we (engineers) must remove that "-" in emu .eng files and split the total wattage of compressor over the 3 pieces as (temporary) solution.

#7 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

View PostStijn D.C., on 18 September 2017 - 03:42 AM, said:

Update after my message before this:

I have test with ORTSExternalSoundPassedThroughPercent ( 0 ), i dont hear compressorsounds that i programmed in the cabview.sms or external .sms of cabcars

Onley the external compressorsound is hear if i set ORTSExternalSoundPassedThroughPercent to ( 15 ), and that is than the .wav of middle wagon.

My conclusion is that ORTS dont play the soundstreams from .eng files where CompressorRestart is programmed with a "-" before restartvalue.

For testing this complete i gonna now remove - from 1 cabcar and let know the result in new post.

Greetz,

Stijn

Yes this has been the case since day 1. If the compressor does not recharge from the leading engine, then it will not play the sound from that CAB internal sms.

In MSTS, you could force the engine external sounds to play in the cab view as well and adjust the volume of certain streams in that external SMS.

I don't really see the problem. Are you saying you don't want any external sounds to be played in the cab ? To me, it sounds very realistic to hear the compressor play on the rear speakers as the compressor is behind you in real life! Or hearing train doors ( sliding or slam ) to play behind you. Even using two speakers, certain external sounds should be heard from the cab view.

Thanks

#8 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:00 AM

The problem is that i use a compressorsound in this case for simulate the "airfilling" sound that you hear in this train.

I think that this is so, becauze the black air pillow need air too.

But when the compressor run, and pump air to the foodpressure (Red needle), this train make that filling sound until the compressor stops working.

The traindriver that have record that sounds for me few years ago, have explain me that like this too.

On this old movie you can see what i mean (MSTS): https://youtu.be/g4sb_VUdZLQ

Better than that i can not explain.

I dont know if there are other trains in whole world that have compressor in other piece of train, and have a "filling" sound like this. For 1 special case like this is change code is maybe ask tomuch.

My plan B is, AirBrakesAirCompressorWattage First was 15000 on .eng of middle wagon, i have now remove - in all .eng files of this type EMU and use AirBrakesAirCompressorWattage ( 5000 )

Sounds in cabview like in real, isolation & material of every train class is differt. Newest trains have better isolation, but more polyester on it, than older trains that have more metal/asbest on it.

I make my sms files Always with sound of inside, and outside, if you listen good the time between inside and outside sounds are not same. I have report that problem more than 1 times in other topics.

Soundmanagement of ORTS have some problems (time not same, sound in cabview that hidding and comes onley back if you change to other view and turn back...) and it is not @ same PC/Notebook, that means it are not issue's of

onboard sound cards...

You can test it easy, when you use the horn in cabview. than go to external view, and normal you hear there horn again. And so it is wit all sounds. (a Timegab)

I thouth first there was a mono/stero problem of Hz problem in the .wav files that not mach with .sms or curvepoints that are not on same place... but that was ok.

Back on topic: If nobody find it usefull too have sound of compressor (fill simulation example) and nobody will change the code for situations like this, than i test now with

no "-" and tuned AirBrakesAirCompressorWattage (TOTAL Watt:3)

Greetz,

#9 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

I see, so you want a filling sound on the front engine controlled by trigger 12? This can't happen as you have disabled the compressor with my tip! Openrails treats all engines having a compressor by default.

I have a filling sound myself, but this is not the main reservoirs refilling. It's the brake pipe and the auxiliary reservoirs refilling when the brake handle commands the brake pipe to refill up to 5BAR.

Pumping air into the main reservoir on the front engine is a pretty quiet affair. I saw in that video that the filling sound applied when the brake pipe was being charged to 5 BAR and not the main reservoir pipe, which is charged by the compressor, and was charged way too fast IMHO. The sound file in question appeared to be longer than the brake pipe recharging which would suggest this is from trigger 54. Can you confirm this? Actually, i did use to have a contact sound on trigger 13 when the main reservoir finished being charged.

As you already stated with playing this sound on the front engine via the compressor, then also use ORTSMainResChargingRate( 0 ).
This will slow the charging of the compressor on the front engine to a point, which allows the middle engine compressor to take over the charging in the required time.

There is bug report about the syncing of internal and external sounds. I believe the developer for this is no longer active with OR atm!

Thanks

#10 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

Hello,

You must look at red needle in the movies, the movie of MSTS is just for let you hear the sound.

In MSTS the red needle was configurate to 72 PSI, in case gamestart ( oterwise you hear after gamestart directly compressor...), in ORTS is this solved.

But no it is not the cylinderbrakepressur or main reservoir leaksound, the sound that you hear on this train is a fillingsound that you hear when compressor pumps air to both cabines

If i not forgot, i try to record a movie in ORTS with compressors working @ 3 .eng files and tuned compressorwattage.

Have that developper a nickname?

ORTSMainResChargingRate( 0 ) are this codes explain too in the betarelease manual.pdf too?

Greetz,

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users