• You cannot reply to this topic

Applying terrtex art to tiles Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

Please give some consideration to adding a randomize on/off toggle to the function that paints terrtex art on tiles.

Right now it appears painting several tiles in one mouse movement defaults to randomize, going one tile at a time defaults to no randomizing. I like randomizing... I like being able to paint many tiles at once (I still use Mosaic when I need to paint hundreds of tiles -- or DM tiles. What I don't like is being stuck going one tile at a time when the terrtex art doesn't lend itself to being randomized. For example, there are lots of terrtex files that are one half of type A and one half of type B (e.g., trees vs. grass). You always want those to apply in a very specific way and they may run on for a long time such that you really don't want to be going one tile at a time.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

Ok, I can do something with it. The randomize feature was requested by other route builder.

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

I happen to be doing a lot of half this, half that art today and it occurred to me that if you do get around to adding a randomize on/off toggle it would be ideal if one could also specify the fixed orientation of the art when the toggle is turned off. Four possible values of course. It would be a big help at times, you know, you've got two different terrain types dividing the tile vertically... being able to set the orientation so the dividing line is horizontal with terrain type A on top lets you run a long horizontal row... change the orientation to vertical, type A to the left and now you can run a long vertical row. That sort of feature. It would be a real time saver.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users