Elvas Tower: Signal DIrection error - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signal DIrection error Incorrect processing Direction field in TrSignalType Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

Errors are created in signal data because TSRE does not set or process correctly the data in the Direction field in TrSignalType data from a tdb SignalItem.
The direction is the second field in TrSignalType :

SignalItem (
			TrItemId ( 17870 )
			TrItemSData ( 59.127014 00000002 )
			TrItemRData ( -785.45728 20.492414 624.39221 -10423 14918 )
			TrSignalType ( 00000000 1 5.411375 RSS_Normal )
		)

Here is what happens.
Two signals (each consisting of two signal markers) are placed on two parallel tracks. Both are placed and shown as facing the same direction.
Attached File  SignalReverse_A_TSRE.jpg (245.42K)
Number of downloads: 1

However, looking at these signals in the trackviewer, they are shown as to be operating in opposite direction. That is also what happens in OR itself.
Attached File  SignalReverse_A_TVW.jpg (43.82K)

Looking at the .tdb entries, two signals are created with direction value '1', but two others with direction value '0'.
Attached File  SignalReverse_A_TDB.jpg (58.54K)

Next, I altered the .dtb entries such that all 4 signals have the same direction value.
Attached File  SignalReverse_B_TDB.jpg (65.23K)

Now, in the track viewer, all four signals are correctly shown to be facing the same direction.
Attached File  SignalReverse_B_TVW.jpg (36.73K)

For TSRE, changing the direction field for two of these signals has made no difference. This is a very clear indication of the error in handling this field - changing this field has no affect on the direction of the signals as show in TSRE which it obviously should have.
Attached File  SignalReverse_B_TSRE.jpg (157.72K)

Concluding : for some unkown reason, some signals are created with an incorrect value for the direction field, as a result these signals are facing the wrong way both for display in trackviewer and when processed by OR itself. Changing the value of the direction such that these signals are facing the right way does not affect the direction as shown in TSRE.
This is a very tedious error for each time I have placed signals I have to check all of them in the trackviewer to verify they are facing the right way.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

TSRE uses only the third value from TrSignalType for the red triangle angle.

For new signal items the second value "direction" is set to 0 for front face items and 1 for back face items. Is it wrong?
Or maybe second value is good, but the third value is wrong for some signals? ... but I spend a lot of time with this third value in MSRE ...
In the past I used the second value from TrSignalType for the red triangle angle.

It would be nice to have test route with example of this issue.
And see what happens when you place signals using MSTS RE and TSRE.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users