• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Triple valve at emergency at game startup Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:28 AM

Don't be too severe, I am learning, and I am happy if another developer tackles this problem...
If I understood well the above posts, the actual OR code, in case of "TrainBrakesControllerHoldLappedStart", doesn't work neither as a 24RL nor as a 26-C brake controller valve, as it reduces the pressure of the brake pipe if it is higher than that of the equalizing reservoir, but does not increase the pressure of the brake pipe if it is lower than that of the equalizing reservoir.

From the code I see that OR does not manage neither TrainBrakesControllerGraduatedSelfLapStart nor it seems to manage TrainBrakesControllerSelfLapStart (even if it addresses it). It does manage TrainBrakesControllerGraduatedSelfLapLimitedStart.

#12 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:10 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 02 September 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

Don't be too severe, I am learning, and I am happy if another developer tackles this problem...

I am sorry if you feel that I have been "too severe", as it was certainly not my intention. I was merely trying to highlight the fact that braking is quite a complex area, once all the different brake system varieties are taken into account.

I did start to look at this area and do some code changes in it, but given the size and complexity of the research and effort involved in defining the different scenarios to develop and code, I put it on hold for a while pending other time commitments. I also found that the OR code was difficult to adjust easily, and I was hopeful that this blueprint might help make it easier to do changes to.

These references show some of the journey, blueprint, forum topic on airbrakes, Knorr brakes.

If you are interested, I would be happy to collaborate with you on defining and developing the code for braking systems. Shortly I am proposing to do some changes to Vacuum braking to allow for Steam Ejectors. Naturally this would need to fit in with each of our time commitments on other projects.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users