• You cannot reply to this topic

Additional Controls for animations Need more cab controls Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   elkwharton 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

Hi everybody,

Hopefully this is where some of the creators of Open rails read because they are the ones who would be helpful with getting something implemented in Open Rails. I am currently working on a new train and 3d cab view for it. It is the silveliner V (a Hyundai Rotem version commuter train) used by SEPTA in pennsylvania. Work is coming along well except that I have hit an unusual snag. This particular train has a somewhat unusual combination of doors. It has 3 doors per side. 2 of these doors have the option of being either high_platform or low platform depending on whether or not the traps are opened. The Third door which is actually the second door of a two door wide set opens only for high platforms. My problem is that I have run out of controls for opening doors and traps. Here is what I have done currently , I use leftdoor and rightdoor for the 2 doors on each side with steps also. I use the mirrors control for the right side third door on the right side and the wipers control on the 3rd door on the left side and the cab_radio control to work the traps. As you can see this prevents me from putting wipers on my train. I have tried many other things but found that they seem to be linked to train type , or specific train options. Some of what I have tried were pantograph2 for the door, cyl_cocks for the door, etc. I just cant find anything which will open the door being controlled by the wipers control except that. I have the full list of supposedly supported controls but I don't know who published it so I don't know if it is accurate or not. If you have any idea of another control that would work please let me know, but what I would really like to see if it were possible to implement the are more 3d cabview control types such as rightwindows leftwindows etc, or even a few user defined controls. I would really like to see these implemented if possible. If it were possible they could be tried in an unstable or testing version as I currently run them along side of my stable version. Actually right now I am running last weeks testing version and so far haven't found any problems in it on the short test runs I have been making as I build this new train.

#2 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

I have to agree with you too. I have a 3D cab that is animated for visors, power run isolation switch, cab lights but lighting doesn't spread out the cab but has glow. I yet need to animate an open windows as well as handbrake.

#3 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

Yes, windows, shades, and more controls would be very nice further down the road, or perhaps in the near future. It would be great if I could make the engine run, generator field, and other switches operational in the cab I'm building. Imagine rear headlight controls, lead truck sanding... I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I'd like to see a command for the drop-steps and chains between units, as well as a separate coupler swivel animation. Linking them to the trucks is better than having them static, but does cause its own issues at times.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users