• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamic Tracks/Terrain Painting. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Hi Goku, Would it be possible to manipulate the Dynamic Tracks with the mouse? Something along the lines of having check boxes for either streight or curved sections that could be toggled to inflict what type of track piece needed and then be able to use the mouse to manipulate the tracks either streight or left or right for a curve. The idea is similar to what you propose for procedural track but instead for use with the standard dynamic tracks.

If anyone has ever played with the railroad tycoon 3 program they would understand the sort of idea I have for dynamic tracks.

Second, I love your terrain painting abilities in TSRE5. But, I wish I could have more control over how and were exactly paint is applied. I would like to be able to draw a little box say under a building and only have what terrain is inside the box painted. The free hand method is very hard to manipulate and not end up with some issues like the painted area not being squared. I would love to see this terrain painting function expanded further with more features, controls, and abilities.

Robert

#2 User is offline   WaltN 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 27 August 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Hi Goku, Would it be possible to manipulate the Dynamic Tracks with the mouse? Something along the lines of having check boxes for either streight or curved sections that could be toggled to inflict what type of track piece needed and then be able to use the mouse to manipulate the tracks either streight or left or right for a curve. The idea is similar to what you propose for procedural track but instead for use with the standard dynamic tracks.

If anyone has ever played with the railroad tycoon 3 program they would understand the sort of idea I have for dynamic tracks.

Please keep in mind that some of us design the path followed by track and roads. In those cases, the path must be specified algebraically and numerically. I understand that some route editor users do not employ the design discipline. I see no reason why the needs of both types of user can't be met by a route editor. But the needs of both camps should not be forgotten.

That extends to free-form types of tracks, AKA splines and the like. In that case, it certainly is possible to define the algebra and numerical parameters. (If not, it couldn't be programmed!)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users