• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diesel smoke parameters being ignored? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

I've gotten back into OR after a lengthy hiatus and updated to the latest version which is good but now certain locomotives are smoking up a storm. These locomotives worked well in the older versions but now it seems as if the settings in the .eng file are being ignored. The DW MP15s are a prime example. Did something change in the OR code?

#2 User is offline   Sumit Singh 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:Train Simulator 2017

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

View PostMetro4001, on 24 August 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

I've gotten back into OR after a lengthy hiatus and updated to the latest version which is good but now certain locomotives are smoking up a storm. These locomotives worked well in the older versions but now it seems as if the settings in the .eng file are being ignored. The DW MP15s are a prime example. Did something change in the OR code?

In case of excess smoke coming out of any Diesel Engine, I changed these parameters in my ENG file.

DieselSmokeEffectInitialMagnitude( 0.5 )
	DieselSmokeEffectMaxMagnitude( 5 )
	DieselSmokeEffectInitialSmokeRate( 0.5 )
	DieselSmokeEffectMaxSmokeRate( 5 )

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Probably the msts style parameters need some adjusting...try Marcus's Diesel Power Updater (DPU vx3.0) here in the download section under computer utilities.
Better yet, treat yourself to Tyler Bundy's latest efforts...try this one bgrm_gp8_7738.zip in the TS library. Featuring real OR smoke parameters, also OR physics - the eng include file contained in the OpenRails folder. You'll see the difference.

#4 User is offline   Sumit Singh 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:Train Simulator 2017

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 24 August 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

Probably the msts style parameters need some adjusting...try Marcus's Diesel Power Updater (DPU vx3.0) here in the download section under computer utilities.
Better yet, treat yourself to Tyler Bundy's latest efforts...try this one bgrm_gp8_7738.zip in the TS library. Featuring real OR smoke parameters, also OR physics - the eng include file contained in the OpenRails folder. You'll see the difference.

I have a query.
I always use Open Rails so do I need to make a extra folder everywhere in Trainset, Route's folder?
I can use all OR parameters directly?

#5 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

View PostSumit Singh, on 25 August 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

I can use all OR parameters directly?

Yes.

#6 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostSumit Singh, on 24 August 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

In case of excess smoke coming out of any Diesel Engine, I changed these parameters in my ENG file.
  DieselSmokeEffectInitialMagnitude( 0.5 )	DieselSmokeEffectMaxMagnitude( 5 )	DieselSmokeEffectInitialSmokeRate( 0.5 )	DieselSmokeEffectMaxSmokeRate( 5 )

Mine are actually lower than that. That were okay before.

View PostR H Steele, on 24 August 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

Probably the msts style parameters need some adjusting...try Marcus's Diesel Power Updater (DPU vx3.0) here in the download section under computer utilities.Better yet, treat yourself to Tyler Bundy's latest efforts...try this one bgrm_gp8_7738.zip in the TS library. Featuring real OR smoke parameters, also OR physics - the eng include file contained in the OpenRails folder. You'll see the difference.

I'll have to look into that. The code has definitely changed in a way that affects certain locomotives.

#7 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

So I've been meaning to post about this, but I've been kind of busy with work and school. Anyway, the last few test versions of OR are definitely ignoring the smoke colour parameters in the ORTS_engines block. My custom smoke .ace had a pure white main channel, based on the premise that OR multiplies the colour parameters by the values in this map, and everything worked fine until around the time of the 3D cab mouse control update (I can't remember exactly when the problems started). Suddenly, all of my diesel smoke turned white. I edited the colour channel of the smoke texture to pure black, and now all diesel smoke on engines with an OR block turned pure black. The colour channel of the smoke texture is being used as the smoke colour with no respect to the OR smoke colour parameters whatsoever.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users