• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hybrid Route (Electric and Diesel) Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   PTrains87 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 February 2021 - 11:19 AM

Thanks Dave, is a really good/technical explaination, however is not clear to me how that setting (SectionIdx) influence the wire height on top of the track. I assume that a value equal to 150 means that the wire disappear, or am I wrong?

Is still a valid method to make an "hybrid route" like the one mentioned on topic or there are others more secure/easy to do?

#12 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:14 PM

PTrains87, on 01 February 2021 - 11:19 AM, said:

Thanks Dave, is a really good/technical explaination, however is not clear to me how that setting (SectionIdx) influence the wire height on top of the track. I assume that a value equal to 150 means that the wire disappear, or am I wrong?

Is still a valid method to make an "hybrid route" like the one mentioned on topic or there are others more secure/easy to do?

I don't know why the wire disappears. I've always assumed that all track can have wire above it if you toggle that feature to be on. For my own routes that are mixed I have crafted the wire shapes for those tracks that require them, the rest remaining wireless. I don't know what one would do if most required wire and only a few didn't.

The only solution to this problem that comes to mind is a future ability to set an attribute of OHWire(on!Off), either on a track by track basis or complete nodes such as are found in the .tdb. It could be also added to entries in the tsection file but that would require duplicating all extant track shapes so half could have wire and the other half not. IMO any of this speculation becoming reality is a far in the future unless one of the developers is very keen to see the feature too.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users