• You cannot reply to this topic

SETTING ELEVATION Fine Setting of Elevation Steps Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

Hi Goku,

++ When a track is selected the elevation can be increased (+) or decreased (-) by using the NumPad 8 or 2 keys.
++ If an 8 or 2 is pressed, you get an almost 25 permille (2.5 percent) step. You get 24.9974 . . ! ( 2.49974 percent)
Why not 25? Which wold be logical, no?

++ If an 8 or 2 is pressed WITH Ctrl held down, you get 1 permille steps . . . for the first 3 permille only ... Ouch!
In the Elevation Panel it goes 1, 2, 3, 3.99999, 4.99998 . . . . .and so on.
I'd sure like to see 1 permille steps through the entire range. We can enter trailing decimals by typing if needed.

Goku, the way you have arranged the stepping of grade values is a wonderful improvement over the MSRE but the inability to step in sequence, 1 permille at a time, I respectfully suggest could use improvement.

++ Also there is the erratic behavior when typing in grade values on a flipped (reversed) track could use a fix.
If you need more on this, info please ask.

++ Last complaint is pressing the E or Q key does not always set the mode AND once a selected object is positioned with the Transform Panel it has to be re-selected to again drag it.
But the Mouse-Wheel raise/lower works fine without re-selecting as previously described.

And a please wish for:
Use the Mouse-Wheel to raise / lower the track gradient in 1 permille steps!
Holding Ctrl would be fine control 0.5 permille steps. . . . . just a wish for Goku.
Be Well.

All in all though I'm about halfway done retracking /regrading / scenery fixing the Philadelphia Terminal Zoo Interlocking and surrounding area, I'm finding your TSRE5 is performing VERY well. It took a lot of memorizing the command controls but that was expected. Wonderful Editor Goku! Bravo!
http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif
regards,
vince

edit:spelling. percent error

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users