• You cannot reply to this topic

AI Out of Path when trains meet - Timetable Mode Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oliver2 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

Hello to All,

I've started to create a simple timetable to the RMD-East route, freight trains only. Passing paths created to almost every station, to let the program to build up train meets anywhere. The trains share the same main path in both directions, but according to the manual, it's not a problem because there's no waiting commands. I've defined the starting times only.

Sadly, some (not all!) AI trains disappear just before they enter the station where the meeting should occur. Log says "Out of Path"...

After that, I moved the main path of the disappearing train to a siding with no passing path to the main track, but the problem is the same. After that I defined a $wait command, but nothing changes...

Anyone has suggestions? Thanks: Peter

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Do the AI trains all disappear at the same location(s)?
It just so happens I had a similar problem earlier this week, with a train requiring a reverse in a siding and going 'out of path' when just entering that siding.
After a bit of complicated debugging I found that the problem was somewhere in the path conversion logic : the train's route was set to the adjacent siding, even though the switch position was set into the correct required siding.
I changed the path, removing the reverse and instead replacing it with two separate paths, and that sorted the problem.
Background info : the paths are defined as a series of node positions, and track position in between nodes. The path conversion logic translates this to TDB entries. It appears that in areas where tracks are close together, and particularly if the tracks are curved, the path conversion logic selects the wrong TDB entry. How this combines with the actual correct setting of the switch I do not (yet) know. It all needs further investigation and that requires time - something which I'm rather short of at the moment.
In all, I'm sorry I do not have a solution at the moment. Perhaps it helps if you switch which trains go into the siding, i.e. use the siding for trains from the opposite direction as what you have done now. If it's always the same siding, you could also decide just not to use that particular siding for passing moves.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   oliver2 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

Thank You for the answer! I removed the passing path from the stations where the problem occurs. Now some trains have to wait a bit more :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users