• You cannot reply to this topic

3nd & 4nd pantograph Is it possible? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Citarofahrer 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:05 AM

Hi Carlo

not now but i can send you one tomorrow. Its in Beta-phase. So no Lights etc but 4 Pantos ;)

#12 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Carlo,

Have you not download the Belgian HLE 16 that i have send you few months ago after my pantomods?

=> https://www.youtube....h?v=4BGGxyZWbKY

#13 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:47 AM

Do you also want to send it to me, an example of a working locomotive with 3 or 4 pantographs? Or indicate where I can download this locomotive?
I also downloaded a Czech-Slovak locomotive some time ago, which looks like you can operate it with 2 different pantographs. (3KV DC and 25KV AC), in the ENG the "pantograph 4" is also filled in, and the cabin has 2 different voltmeters.
To date, I see no difference, with the voltmeters and operation of the pantographs. In fact, I can not operate the "3rd and 4th pantograph key" and is not entered anywhere in the SIM. (?)
No idea whether this can or can not actually function in Open-Rails. (even if this is just a display - virtual function).
With a good example I could check this once with this locomotive and with other locomotives with more than 2 pantographs.... :)

(example locomotive and cabin:
http://msts-rw.cz/36x.php (locomotive "ZSSK 363 134-8")
http://modely-msts.cz/kabiny.html (cabine "Kabína 363 ZSSK Open Rails")
)

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

I have prepared the first release of the patch managing up to 4 pantograps:
Attached File  34pantos_ORTS.zip (4.46K)
Number of downloads: 596
When 4 pantos are present, within the Wagon section of the .eng file following block must be added
	ORTSPantographs (
		Pantograph (
			Delay ( 6s )
			)
		Pantograph (
			Delay ( 6s )
			)
		Pantograph (
			Delay ( 6s )
			)
		Pantograph (
			Delay ( 6s )
			)
	)

where Delay is the rise time of the pantograph. If only three pantos are needed, a Pantograph entry must be deleted.
For the animation names the same rules valid for Pantograph 2 apply ( replacing 2 with 3 and 4).
The third panto is moved with Ctrl-P, while the fourth panto is moved with Ctrl-Shift-P.
The cabview controls must be named ORTS_PANTOGRAPH3 and ORTS_PANTOGRAPH4.
What is available now is the first step for such a feature.
I know that different pantographs would maybe lead to different values shown for line voltage, that pantograph change should be subject to enabligs and so on. All this must be thoroughly specified before implementation, and would require also changes to route files, to define how the catenary is powered. Maybe even scripts should be used for that.
Suggestions to implement a general solution are needed, and maybe someone would implement those expansions.

I could test the feature thanks to the locos that I kindly got from Citarofahrer and Stijn.

The basic feature is already available for testing within OR NewYear MG (see here http://www.elvastowe...071#entry244071).

Blueprint: https://blueprints.l...-4th-pantograph
Trello box: https://trello.com/c...-4th-pantograph

#15 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

Hello Carlo,

What i will ask what is different what i have first have mod on the code? And have you see and take my changes for made the offcial code add, or have you start from zero?

Becauzet the testprogram that i have send you with that loco's have 4 panto function too :-) ( & many other stuff)

my keys:

3nd panto: CTRL + ALT + P

4nd panto: CTRL + SHIFT + P

I prefer that keys.

Greetz,

Stijn

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:41 AM

Hi Stijn,
I know that you have written the code for 3rd and 4th pantograph, but I haven't used your code, because I wrote mine before downloading your file; I have written my patch from scratch. Thank you anyhow for it; maybe I'll use it for the further functions you have implemented.
What i have used for testing is your loco, that already had the .eng file modified as needed, together with another 4-panto loco that I received from Citarofahrer.
Re the keys, I think that my solution is easier to remember, because it simply adds the CTRL key to those used for the first two pantos.

#17 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:22 AM

Ok, than it is clear there is no credits to me in this case.

The reason i use that keymapping is that other keycombination with "P" are in used, (weatherchange...)

Always if i have choose a keymapping for use own layout, i check this in options menu for see that they are not double mappings.

It is better and logic that al pantograph's work with P key.

And yes, HLE 16.eng file was prepared becauze that was need for my code.

But problem on my code was that if you have a locomotive with onley 2 pantographs and you handle the keys for raise 3nd and 4nd pantograph

that the line/voltageneedle go directly to wirevalue. (without ORTS Pantographs)

With ORTSPantograps for panto 3 and 4 it do the same, but with timelinemod in seconds.

That is what i mean that if you have a locomotive with 2 panto's that you must have a function of command to "block" panto 3 and 4 in that case

i think on "blocked" or "none"

maybe like this:

ORTSPantographs (
Pantograph (
Delay ( 10s )
)
Pantograph (
Delay ( 10s )
)
Pantograph (
Delay ( blocked )
)
Pantograph (
Delay ( blocked )
)
)

Is that in youre code solved?

#18 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

Yes, Stijn, in my code that problem is solved. Locomotives with two pantos work as they worked before introduction of 3rd and 4th panto.

And weather change is Alt-P, which I haven't used in my choice.

#19 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Yes ok, but see post 6 of this topic and my testmovie that is upload on youtube in august 2018, that was few days after i have did it to let work 4 panto's.

some members of Elvas/ORTS team like you, Chris have get message with link of movie for let see great news.

But ok, you have do a makeover and fix a point that was not ok.

I thouth that this mod was first thing from my side that can be in official ORTS release's.

Thinking wrong of me, maybe in future than.

If the pantomod is actual in last X versions i gonna make a program with my codefutures and make a .rar with testtrain too.

But than i must now delete my 2 and 3 panto mods first.

With the HLE 13(42) that i have send you, you can test most of my mods. + update of Cablight in case sound too.

In F1 window you can see al the keys, for 3 and 4 panto of my side too.

But ok, it is not first time too that i remap standard keys:

Left door: CTRL + ALT + L

Right door: CTRL + ALT + R

ALERTER: SPACEBAR

HORN: W

:-)

Greetz,

#20 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

Stjin,
I try to care very much about crediting.
Have you read the readme's included in the 2 files mentioned here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__244071 ? In these files, that I uploaded before this conversation (see the dates), you will see that you are credited with "Stijn, who provided some hints on implementation of management of 4 pantographs", because you mentioned to me that you used the ORTSPantographs block within the .eng file.
However I didn't look at your code, for some reasons:
- as I wrote you privately, when I started generating the code I couldn't download your pack, because it was too big and I was in holidays with low bandwidth available
- from the dimension of your pack, I assume that you didn't provide a .patch file. .patch files are the best way to provide code suggestions, because they are very fast to use and easy to understand. Else, in cases like this where the implementation is quite mechanical, it is faster to write an own code than download a full pack, put it under Tortoise and generate a patch file and study it. So, if you desire that your code suggestions receive more attention, I suggest you to provide them as patch files, like developers do.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users