Elvas Tower: OR Contributed Activity Editor issues - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Contributed Activity Editor issues Two problems trying to use this utility Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kirbyk 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

First of all, I realize that this utility may not have been coded by the OR team but I hope that they can pass it on to the appropriate individuals.

When I attempt to load an activity the "description says "...(not ready)" - does that mean the code has not been written or that I need to do something to activate the load function?

Also, When I try to complete the option settings I can get the MSTS and Route paths correct but not the activity editor ("disabled" on purpose or by accident?). Screen shot attached. What is the correct action to fix this?

I would not even ask these questions except that my MSTS install will no longer load, including not loading the Tools. If there is another option for creating or editing activities in either MSTS or ORTS I would gladly give that program a try. Just point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: OR Activity Editor Options.JPG

#2 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

What is your operating system? For anything after windows XP is not advised to locate your MSTS content in the C drive.

The "activity editor" isn't much. Goku has put some simple activity editor functions into TSRE (http://koniec.org/tsre5/) and the excellent consist editor that is included is capable of modifying existing activities. There is a path editor as part of track viewer, included with open rails.

And then there is timetable mode, which is a completely different approach and pretty cool.

There is also the skyline computing program, Activity Generator. If you start with the many contributed templates, you can make a variety of activities.

Christopher

#3 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:26 PM

conductorchris, on 02 August 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

For anything after windows XP is not advised to locate your MSTS content in the C drive.

It's not so much C drive that's the problem. Mine's been in C:\MSTS a long time without issue. It's putting it in Program Files (x86), or Program Files, that will cause you endless trouble. I don't know if that's causing this particular problem, but it should be re-installed elsewhere in any case in order to preserve your sanity

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

kirbyk, what OR version are you using? Release 1.2 and actual experimental and testing releases don't provide menu access to such discontinued activity editor.

#5 User is offline   kirbyk 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

OK - to answer the questions first

OR version 1.2.3766 so I guess that explains everything

OS - Windows 10

MSTS is in Program Files 86 directory

Oh well, I found and old copy of ConBuilder in my stack of ~2004 CDs and it will do what I need which is to identify missing consists in activities.

Thanks for all the advice.

Kirby

#6 User is offline   Ernst 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails, MSTS

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

kirbyc, Please look at "MSTS Editors & Tools on Win10 - it's possible", here in the forum.

You should find there the most comfortable solution to your problem and could use the Activity Editor like in the past with MSTS in an older Windows version, but don't forget the recommended MSTS installation in Windows10.

Good luck

Ernst

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users