Elvas Tower: Cab Signals in open rails 3d cab - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cab Signals in open rails 3d cab Attempting to set up cab signals in OR 3d cab Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   elkwharton 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Hi everyone,

I am back again with more questions. I have finally got most of the main controls working in my first attempt at making a 3d cab. One thing that I haven't found either any trains to use for examples or discussions on these forums about is how to set up cab signals using the aspect display from the cabview file and making an object in the 3d cab. First has it been implemented or is it impossible to do at this time. and 2nd if it is possible could someone please show me the way. I have spent 3 days researching and experimenting with no success up to this point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks elk. if you need to email me a note pad file or something with directions my email is elkwharton@gmail.com Thanks.

#2 User is offline   elkwharton 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

This is a new request. I have gotten cab signals working in TSM, with not problems. I recently switched to Blender 2.8 and am very new at it and still learning. Most of the controls I have been able to figure out although I have just finished spending about 3 days trying to figure out how to do cab signals in Blender 2.8. If there is anyone out there who uses blender and has done cab signals any help would be appreciated. I would love it if you could post some detailed directions that I could follow and learn from.

Thanks,
elkwharton

#3 User is offline   trainagrandevitesse 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:47 AM

Hello,
I saw that you managed to make the signals in the cabin work with TSM, but how did you do it?
I started to create a 3D CAB with Sm, but I had to switch to blender v2.81 because TSM cannot manage the rotations of objects on inclined planes.
While the blender is doing very well, but they are not the same age.

But you arrived with TSM and not with blender to operate the cabin signals, what is the problem?

Goodbye

#4 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:57 AM

Hi TGV,

I have animated instruments in TSM on inclined planes. Please see my post in this thread http://www.elvastowe...ab-instruments/

The animations will not look right in TSM, but work fine on OR, if you follow my method.

Geoff

#5 User is offline   JTang 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:37 AM

You can set up signal aspect as animations. Let me explain using a simple example of Red and Green signal:
1. create an object with two faces, Face_1 is painted with color Red, Face_2 is painted with color Green, respectively
2. assuming camera is at Z position 0, the object is at Z position 1
3. define two animation frames
4. at frame 1, let the Z position of Face_1 to be 1.01, and the Z position of Face_2 to be 0.99, this means Green will be in front of Red looking from the camera, i.e. it shows Green
5. at frame 2, let the Z position of Face_1 to be 0.99, and the Z position of Face_2 to be 1.01, this means Red will be in front of Green looking from the camera, i.e. it shows Red

I forgot the details of part names, aspect positions, etc., but the above shows the spirit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users