• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AI train lights Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Elmo313 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

First, a big thank you to all the contributors to ORTS. I had been following it for a while, then stopped. Finally downloaded and installed it, and I'm really impressed. Lot's to learn yet, but it's great fun to play around with activities and see just what this will do. Can't wait to try the extended AI shunting on West Colton.

Second, I have a question about lights on AI trains. Some of my locos show AI lights without AI lighting coded into the .eng file (eg: HLCX SD40-2 7205 which uses an SLI shape file). Others won't show AI lights unless it is coded into the .eng file (eg: CN SD40-2W by Jan Henning Gettkant, former Nickel Belt payware). Could someone please give me a quick rundown on how AI lighting works in ORTS? I've gone trough the manual for OR version 1.2.3766, and can't find anything there. Also did a forum search here and didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas

#2 User is offline   Elmo313 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

View PostElmo313, on 16 July 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

First, a big thank you to all the contributors to ORTS. I had been following it for a while, then stopped. Finally downloaded and installed it, and I'm really impressed. Lot's to learn yet, but it's great fun to play around with activities and see just what this will do. Can't wait to try the extended AI shunting on West Colton.

Second, I have a question about lights on AI trains. Some of my locos show AI lights without AI lighting coded into the .eng file (eg: HLCX SD40-2 7205 which uses an SLI shape file). Others won't show AI lights unless it is coded into the .eng file (eg: CN SD40-2W by Jan Henning Gettkant, former Nickel Belt payware). Could someone please give me a quick rundown on how AI lighting works in ORTS? I've gone trough the manual for OR version 1.2.3766, and can't find anything there. Also did a forum search here and didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas

Please delete this. It's of no use to anybody.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users