Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Random red signals Why only some routes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

On some routes one runs into random signals set at danger for apparently no reason. The Adelaide hills and SE route suffers from this is well as the pay ware Glacier express (Note 1), where as neither the Victorian NE 1950's route or (I thiink) the freeware Bernina bahn does not. What one usually sees the red light is on steady and any other signal lights on the stand will flicker at around 1/2 second period. This is a real problem on the Glacier express route as it effects around one in three signals.

The latest version of testing is being used, but OR has been doing this for quite a while. One would hope that if at all possible OR would be compatible with MSTS on the signalling.

Note 1: Interestingly the pay ware Bernina Bahn route from the same mob does not suffer from this.

Note 2: I have no issue with having to edit the routes signal scripts, I have had to do this a number times to correct signal problems, particularly around complex terminal stations.

Lindsay

#2 User is online   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

I haven't noticed unusual red signals, but I have noticed instances where my signals behave strangely. It sounds like you're seeing the same "fighting" I've seen. It is very evident on the Track Monitor that a signal is working correctly one instant and then the next it's not. The game seems to be looping this condition over and over. There are a few routes I've been able to reproduce this situation on, and I talked about it in this post.

#3 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

It looks to me that there must be a link to the script definition, if this was purely a program issue it would occur much more frequently.
Personnaly, I have seen this problem only on one particular signal in one route, and that was indeed a scripting problem. That was actually some years ago and I have not seen this problem since then. So, admittedly, I have no idea what is going on.
Assuming you are running in normal mode (explorer mode is different), the only way to figure out what is going on is to use the available signal debug tooling provided in the code. You need the development environment and to re-compile the program to activate the debug tooling.
Please send me a PM if you need help on that.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users