• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cima Sub Trip to Las Vegas Activity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

This video is a Reader's Digest Version of my new CimaSub Trip to Las Vegas Activity using open rails. Please give me your opinion on both the video and the activity.

#2 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Why is it a silent video? I don't need to hear music. Just even hearing all the engines roaring or the ambient sound in the simulator is fine as they are. Video is just half there without all of that.

#3 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostED_4, on 29 July 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Why is it a silent video? I don't need to hear music. Just even hearing all the engines roaring or the ambient sound in the simulator is fine as they are. Video is just half there without all of that.

Sorry about that, but the size of the video was over 4 gig with the sound and I wanted to save space, it is my bad. I'm reworking the activity with a DDA40X so no helpers are needed over the pass and I'll re-shoot it with the sound in tact.

#4 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

View Postjdgremsjr, on 30 July 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

Sorry about that, but the size of the video was over 4 gig with the sound and I wanted to save space, it is my bad. I'm reworking the activity with a DDA40X so no helpers are needed over the pass and I'll re-shoot it with the sound in tact.

4 gigs? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif What sort of resolution were you uploading the video in? I imagine dropping the resolution will save a lot on that size too.

I actually started watching it nicely since you had the E-units pulling the train. Perhaps you can just keep the E-units but reduce the resolution instead?

I don't really get why the sound will make it so extremely huge like you mentioned.

#5 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

View PostED_4, on 31 July 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

4 gigs? http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif What sort of resolution were you uploading the video in? I imagine dropping the resolution will save a lot on that size too.

I actually started watching it nicely since you had the E-units pulling the train. Perhaps you can just keep the E-units but reduce the resolution instead?

I don't really get why the sound will make it so extremely huge like you mentioned.

Resolution had something to do with it too. I'm at 1600x900. The reason I decided to switch from the E9A to the DDA40X is because I discovered all the DDA40Xs were stored in the Yermo yard, here on the CimaSub, before decommissioning, and that the UP 6936 is still on the roster pulling special excursion trains. I figured it will be a more accurate depiction of what the CimSub would be.

#6 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

View Postjdgremsjr, on 30 July 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

Sorry about that, but the size of the video was over 4 gig with the sound and I wanted to save space, it is my bad.

The sound (usually in something like an MP3 format) is peanuts compared to the video. At that resolution and video size, the sound would less than 1% (even less than, like, 0.2%) of the data space the video consumes. FYI.

#7 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostJovet, on 31 July 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

The sound (usually in something like an MP3 format) is peanuts compared to the video. At that resolution and video size, the sound would less than 1% (even less than, like, 0.2%) of the data space the video consumes. FYI.

Thanks for the calculation there. That's why I was wondering why he mentioned that eliminating the sound made such a difference.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users