• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR updating fails Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ddedicos 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hi there,

I am consistently getting a "update check failed" note on the top right hand corner of my OR screen..at this time I am still at version 1.2.3766 I have tried going into my OR folder and manually running the Update app. but this message appears:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: OR update error.jpg

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

View Postddedicos, on 29 June 2017 - 05:50 AM, said:

I am consistently getting a "update check failed" note on the top right hand corner of my OR screen..at this time I am still at version 1.2.3766 I have tried going into my OR folder and manually running the Update app. but this message appears:

I have checked the past 4 weeks, and it looks like around 13% of stable update checks are receiving this 500 error from the server. I will see if there is anything we can do about this.

Nevertheless, nearly 1000 unique users per day successfully receive the update information, so if you are getting this message every day, it is possible that something on your computer or network connection is messing with the update checks. You can try the stable update link in your browser, but if it is a problem with your computer, it might work in the browser but still not work in Open Rails.

#3 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 05 July 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I have checked the past 4 weeks, and it looks like around 13% of stable update checks are receiving this 500 error from the server. I will see if there is anything we can do about this.

This is a stacked bar chart of stable update checks for the last 3 months:

https://james-ross.co.uk/temp/orts_148.png

It shows there was a small issue for a few days in mid-May, and there has been a larger issue over the past week-and-a-bit, which may now be improving. We'll wait and see.

But, as I said just now, if you're getting errors outside of the above periods, and getting the errors consistently, it is likely something at your end or in-between that is causing it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users