Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=2550
File Name: Passenger Shelters, Los Angeles Pacific, PE
File Submitter: timmuir
File Submitted: 27 Jun 2017
File Category: Buildings

MSTS/ORTS Los Angeles Pacific/Pacific Electric Passenger Shelters
MODEL MESH BY TIM MUIR
TEXTURES BY TIM MUIR AND CGTEXTURES.COM (concrete, roofing and wood boards).

Prototype's General Background.

These models represent the passenger shelters constructed around 1906 by the Los Angeles Pacific Railway Company. The LAP was a precursor to the Pacific Electric and was the major entity in the merger of all the trolley lines around Los Angeles in 1911 that formed the Pacific Electric Railway. LAP comprised mostly all of the lines which became PE's Western District and parts of the Southern District (Redondo Beach Line). Most of PE's operating officers were LAP people.

I have seen these shelters pictured only on LAP's Ocean Park lines, in the "Trolleyway" between Venice and Santa Monica. I don't know if they were built anywhere else on LAP's system.

Model Background and Data:

These shelters were built upon the original 1906 LAP plan and elevation drawings provided by Terry Salmans, archivist at the Orange Empire Railroad Museum, to whom I owe a debt of gratitude. He took the time to locate and scan them at a very high resolution, then offer them to me personally via messages on the Pacific Electric Face Book page.

The models were built using Train Sim Modeler Pro by Abacus. They are detailed with around 2000 polygons, more or less.

There are 6 variations of 4 types, those being a four-panel with glass, a four-panel without glass, a three panel with glass and a three panel without. There are two versions with unmarked station signs, Shelters5 and 6, which use the blank station signs number 5 and 6 on the ace artwork, respectively. Re-naming can be easily accomplished by painting a white background over the current names then type in a new name with your paint program. All you have to do is keep track which is which.

Install by extracting the SHAPES and TEXTURES folders to your route's folder. Copy the included ref lines to the bottom of your route's .ref file entries and save.

The follwing publications were used for research and photographic materials:

Original 1906 LAP plan and elevation drawings.

Photos found at http://www.stubchaer.com/ -look to your upper left here.

Books:
"Trolleys to the Surf" by Meyers and Swett. Interurbans Special No.63.
"Los Angeles Pacific Album" Interurbans Special No.40. by Ira Swett.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

I just realized I unintentionally omitted the .ref entries for the LAP shelters. I have uploaded a zip in the Scenery/Buildings Section of the libray that has the entries for these shelters as well as the extra bonus scenery items I threw in with them.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Tim

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users