• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Emer braking release Emergency Brakes don't release Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fluesheet 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Well, back again to the emergency brakes. First of all I do not touch Backspace! ORTS Version X3877.

Working in yard switching sometimes the engines or entire consist go into emergency. I can not get them to release. In the case of a consist I pick up the cars, connect the air hose, pump up the brakes or just use shift/ to release them. Proceeding to work the yard the consist ,or light engines alone, will dump the air for no reason I can see. When this happens I have tried control M to set to manual or to set to auto. In manual the brakes still do not release. When going from Manual to auto I simply get a notice consist not on original path or some such message. Don't remember the exact wording. As far as I know there is no set path to switch a yard?? Even then why go into emergency? Yes I do release the brakes (or try to) with either : or [ Believe me I have tried everything to get a release, everything in the manual, everything I know about braking from past experience. I have worked yards in real life and never had these problems. Busted hoses, open angle cocks, whatever but those are not the problem here.

Any help appreciated. Get kind of upset when I can't get a release and don't even understand why the air dumped...??

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

I've had a similar thing happen when I was testing a set of signals for a route project of mine. I just had a switcher (a Hungarian M44 I got from somewhere years ago) and a flat. I passed a red light by mistake and everything I tried failed. I finally ended up bleeding off the brakes in the engine in order to finish the test. Oddly enough, you can still use the engine brakes with no air in the line...

#3 User is offline   fluesheet 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

No signals in the yard I am using. But I have done the same as you a few times when I did not ask permission to pass a red signal, usually when backing up. However each time I was able to release the brakes from emergency by following the regular procedure. Now, with this version of OR, I can not bleed off the locomotive brakes either. Whole consist stays in emergency. Light engines also will not bleed off.

ebnertra000, on 20 June 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

I've had a similar thing happen when I was testing a set of signals for a route project of mine. I just had a switcher (a Hungarian M44 I got from somewhere years ago) and a flat. I passed a red light by mistake and everything I tried failed. I finally ended up bleeding off the brakes in the engine in order to finish the test. Oddly enough, you can still use the engine brakes with no air in the line...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users