• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiple Copy and Paste Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

First let me say that I think TSRE5 is wonderful!!! I cannot believe that I used MSTS RE for so long without its problems driving me mad!!!

I can select multiple objects by holding the Ctrl key. Then Copy, Ctrl C. Then paste, Ctrl V.
My problem arises when I have copied objects on a flat surface and then paste them on a hillside.
The first object selected is on the ground, the others are at the same height, so some are above ground and some below it.
How do I get all the copied objects to sit on the ground at the new position, and if I then translate or rotate the group, get them to stay at ground level?

Garry

#2 User is offline   timothyskinner 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostGarry, on 17 June 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

First let me say that I think TSRE5 is wonderful!!! I cannot believe that I used MSTS RE for so long without its problems driving me mad!!!

I can select multiple objects by holding the Ctrl key. Then Copy, Ctrl C. Then paste, Ctrl V.
My problem arises when I have copied objects on a flat surface and then paste them on a hillside.
The first object selected is on the ground, the others are at the same height, so some are above ground and some below it.
How do I get all the copied objects to sit on the ground at the new position, and if I then translate or rotate the group, get them to stay at ground level?

Garry

I use .dat in the RE.. this will do far more than forests, telegraph poles or other gantries..

#3 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

Hi Timothy
Using a .dat file sounds interesting but I am not sure this will do what I am trying to achieve. I place a collection of different houses and trees objects to make a small village. Copy and paste the whole collection and rotate it a bit and the village is twice the size.
Can you place different objects in a single .dat file? If so I would like to see the format and give it a go.
Garry

#4 User is offline   timothyskinner 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

View PostGarry, on 17 June 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Hi Timothy
Using a .dat file sounds interesting but I am not sure this will do what I am trying to achieve. I place a collection of different houses and trees objects to make a small village. Copy and paste the whole collection and rotate it a bit and the village is twice the size.
Can you place different objects in a single .dat file? If so I would like to see the format and give it a go.
Garry

I once asked a guy on train.de if he could release a flock of sheep that would look good on a hill. Curved slopes are a problem no question about it. I recently did a Western town and a series of open mines using steps across the landscape. There's some nice houses on trainsim.com with houses, gardens, hedges, driveway, etc as one shape (joined TSM .dst's so minimising polys), but OK only on flat land.. may have been a Dutch author..

#5 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

Garry
Have you tried the "Stick to terrain" mode of TSRE?

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Just press "H". It will align the selected objects to terrain.

#7 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the information. Just tried it out and it does just what I want.
Garry

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users