Elvas Tower: Aligning Walls, Berms to Track on Grades - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aligning Walls, Berms to Track on Grades On axis (same as track) no problem. 90d axis big problem Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

View Postvince, on 30 May 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Just looking at the PRR in the editor shows the problem. Sound Regions are running in a zig-zag pattern wherever they are placed, sometimes a quarter mile up-down the track length. Nuts!

In old msts editor it can happen if you edit track vectors with interactives on them, but TSRE should allow this ..

#12 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 May 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

In old msts editor it can happen if you edit track vectors with interactives on them, but TSRE should allow this ..

Hi Goku,
Yes, TSRE seems to have no problems, it's the terrible condition of the PRR database files that's the problem. Like I said, ~1,789 tdb errors, >700 rdb errors and tons of mis-matched Dynamic Track sections. I'd like to delete all DT and all interactives.

The TSRE5 Editor seems able to handle the +50MB PRR tdb file, executing a save in about 3 seconds vs. anout a minute in MSTS!

But I don't expect TSRE5 to work well with databases in such bad condition and am actually surprised how well it edits the route. But I gotta get rid of the interactives and dynamic track.
Then I think I'll have a stable database to edit.

The about 1 mile section south from the North Philadelphia station to Zoo came out really nice but OR now craps out with an exception complaining about signals.
THATS why I want to remove them all and replacing them will keep me out of the pubs.
Call it a vacation from the LIRR. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/pleasantry.gif

Question for Carlo:
Should I post the OR exception log on the off chance there could be a simple answer in the data?
regards.
vince
an example of the prr database problems is how database errors have skewed these sound regions on the main line at N Philadelphia.Attached File  prr skewed sound regions.jpg (192.59K)
Number of downloads: 2
The yellow lines normally run straight across the track. Here references in the tdb are 'off?'and the lines get skewed. It shows up in several I've found for siding, mileposts and in on case here, a signal head located almost 1/2 mile from the track signal marker.
Cheers, v

#13 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

View Postvince, on 30 May 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Anyone know of a utility to safely remove ALL interactive objects from a route.

Yep. WFH will do that among other things like place retaining walls and berms under your track....

You have two options on interactive removal - strip entirely, or convert what can be converted to static objects. Both options require a TDB rebuild after using.

http://www.digitalra...filehacker.html

#14 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

View Posteolesen, on 30 May 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Yep. WFH will do that among other things like place retaining walls and berms under your track....

You have two options on interactive removal - strip entirely, or convert what can be converted to static objects. Both options require a TDB rebuild after using.

http://www.digitalra...filehacker.html

Thanks Eric,
Well I got the route working I think by removing the remaining signals on the tile I was working.
So it looks like (so far) that Goku's TSRE can indeed edit the PRR-East tracks and roads if signals and car spawners are removed from the tile being edited.
Not proved but an encouraging bit of progress.
Re WFH: The PRR will not complete a TDB rebuild so that's a bust. There is promising indications that editing of the PRR is possible with TSRE5.

@GOKU: The aligning of bridges & retaining walls to a reference object now works. A picture with an extreme example.
Attached File  TSRE Align Transform.jpg (373.02K)
Number of downloads: 11
http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif,
vince

#15 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:36 AM

Let me know if you get slagged. Absent interactives, I still think a rebuild of the PRR should work.

Prior to placing signals, I was still getting clean rebuilds on the CNW Chicago at 6Mb in size.

#16 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

View Postvince, on 30 May 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Well I got the route working I think by removing the remaining signals on the tile I was working.

I think OR crashed because you removed track with signal item on it, but TSRE doesn't remove signal object from .w file if you remove signal items from track database.
It's essential to remove interactive objects first from track vector you want to edit, or enable "View->TrackDB Items" and be careful not to remove track that has track items on it (black squares). Except crossover items, because these items don't have objects in .w files and can be freely removed.

#17 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

@eolesen,
Hopefully I won't have to go to extremes. The PRR tdb is >50MB.

"...View->TrackDB Items" and be careful not to remove track that has track items on it....."

@Goku,
Good advice Goku! I thought I had removed all of them but obviously did miss some. The OR Trackviewer was a big help and allowed me to see all the signals on the tile I was working.

regards,
vince

#18 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

Final notes on the Alignment Problem.
Actually there was no problem. It was a lack of understanding on my part.

Aligning objects such as bridges, platforms, retaining wall ect. now works very well since I got some practice.
Sequence is as follows aligning Ron Picardi's walls to track. These walls are built with the major axis 90 degrees across track and so must be aligned in MSTS with the AlignU utility or the Copy/Paste/Transform in TSRE.
Steps to align SRV Ron Picardi's wall are as follows.
1. Place wall close to the location wanted.
2. Select track wanted as a reference.
3. Left Click on [Copy Rot] button.
4. Select wall placed in step 1.
5. Left Click on [Transform...] button.
6. Use the Rotation half of the displayed panel and enter 90 deg (or 270 deg if wall is to be on other side of track)
7. Left Click on the [OK] button. Done. The wall is aligned to the track grade
As in AlignU the wall must be slid into it's final position under the track.

A note on AlignU:
Derek Wilder and myself developed this program several years ago. NO matter what your ET tech says there is NO malware backpacked into this program. I stand by this absolutely!!!
There is no problem and never a malware/virus problem with AlignU, Guaranteed!

Best Regards,
vince
Vince

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users