• You cannot reply to this topic

Tunnel head Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sumit Singh 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:Train Simulator 2017

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

Greetings,
I am working on a project in which I have many tunnels but I have not found any good tunnel head in which I can write some number, SAY TUNNEL NUMBER 10, 4km long.
So I decided to make my own.
But after trying many combinations I had failed to get the shape to match say, A1t100mStrtRndTun6m.s and others.
Please suggest me the dimensions.
I am with wire height of 6m and double wires.
Please find attachment, and correct me if I should use a circular or elliptical head over.

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

View PostSumit Singh, on 29 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Greetings,
I am working on a project in which I have many tunnels but I have not found any good tunnel head in which I can write some number, SAY TUNNEL NUMBER 10, 4km long. So I decided to make my own.
But after trying many combinations I had failed to get the shape to match say, A1t100mStrtRndTun6m.s and others. Please suggest me the dimensions. I am with wire height of 6m and double wires. Please find attachment, and correct me if I should use a circular or elliptical head over. Sumit NorthEast Frontier Railways
India

Hello Sumit
Use a dynamic track section as a precision ruler to get the measurements.
I use this all the time for construction of trackside buildings.
As you take the measurements, have paper & pencil handy to make a drawing of what you need, adding the measurements.
The style of portal (tunnel head) is entirely up to what YOU want! Study pics of portals to get ideas. Have fun!

regards,
vince
edit/add: Never save with your 'ruler' in use. it's a dynamic track section and you don't want it in your routes database files. Take a measurement, record it and delete the dynamic track 'ruler'. v

#3 User is offline   Sumit Singh 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:Train Simulator 2017

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

View Postvince, on 29 April 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hello Sumit
Use a dynamic track section as a precision ruler to get the measurements.
I use this all the time for construction of trackside buildings.
As you take the measurements, have paper & pencil handy to make a drawing of what you need, adding the measurements.
The style of portal (tunnel head) is entirely up to what YOU want! Study pics of portals to get ideas. Have fun!

regards,
vince
edit/add: Never save with your 'ruler' in use. it's a dynamic track section and you don't want it in your routes database files. Take a measurement, record it and delete the dynamic track 'ruler'. v

Ok I got it

#4 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

Sumit,

One approach is to load any existing tunnel entrance that you like into Shape Viewer and load the "ruler" as a secondary image. With the ruler, you can measure a close approximation of the dimensions.

chris

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users