Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems w/Steam Engine Performance in OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

I recently downloaded several ATSF steam locomotives from the ET site. Two of the locomotives (ATSF_3911_UL & ATSF_3902_UL) will not operate properly in OR. All other locomotives in this series operate properly, but these 2 have a different tender, which apparently causes the locomotive to operate improperly. By improperly, I mean that when the locomotive & tender are placed in a player train consist, the tender itself does not appear in the consist & the locomotive takes off @ a high rate of speed as soon as the sim is opened. When this happens, the locomotive is uncontrollable. However, if a different tender is placed behind the same locomotive in a player consist, the locomotive operates properly. If the previously mentioned tender is placed behind another locomotive that otherwise other wise operates properly, it too will begin operating immediately when the sim is opened and is in no way controllable.

To make this more confusing, I can create a loose consist w/either the 3911 or 3902 locomotives and the tender is present in that consist when the sim is opened in OR, and, if I run player trains in MSTS w/either of the above-mentioned locomotives as the player engines, they work perfectly & the tender is present in the consist.

So, based on this, it appears that there is some issue associated w/the tender file of these 2 locomotives that is causing an operational problem in OR. I have searched throughout both the MSTS & ET forums & have not found a thread addressing this issue. Any advice as to what might cause this issue would be most welcome. Thanks...

#2 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

.I don't think there is a quick fix for these. All three of the 39xx locomotive tenders have a design fault that throws Open Rails. All 6 axles are parented to one bogie. Open Rails provides a space in the consist for the tender, but it is actually drawn in the scene about a mile away with three wheelsets under the lead bogie and three wheelsets out in front of it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users