• You cannot reply to this topic

Attention ConBuilder users Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   swanng 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:MSTS and Open Rails

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

This is the primary reason why I am still using Windows 7. It's a standalone OS that isn't a service-based (i.e., CLOUD) operating system, and is fairly closely related to it's predecessor, Windows XP. which I dearly loved (and thoroughly understood) until Microsoft chose to suspend support for it. Once they choose not to support Windows 7, I'm finished with Microsoft, once and for all.

#12 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

View Postswanng, on 19 January 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

This is the primary reason why I am still using Windows 7. It's a standalone OS that isn't a service-based (i.e., CLOUD) operating system, and is fairly closely related to it's predecessor, Windows XP. which I dearly loved (and thoroughly understood) until Microsoft chose to suspend support for it. Once they choose not to support Windows 7, I'm finished with Microsoft, once and for all.

??? I do not understand your post and what it has to do with the previous posts in this thread. You begin with "This is the primary reason..." What does "This" refer to? If you want to rant about Windows OS then start your own thread. The subject of this thread is independent of which Version of Windows is being used.

#13 User is offline   pwillard 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

Hmmm... It was clear to me what was being referred to.

#14 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

View Postpwillard, on 16 February 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hmmm... It was clear to me what was being referred to.

But I am DUMB. I cannot see where Swanng's comment has anything to do with the subject or any of the previous posts.
Could you please explain it to me? Swanng apparently is not going to reply.

#15 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Charles, I'm making a wild guess here, but from reading the posts I think swanng is referring to the method used to validate ConBuilder.
"Invite.htm and opening the browser"... mistakenly conflating this method with cloud based services.
I think some folks just do not understand the underlying reasoning for choosing this method...and you are understandably tired of explaining it for the 1millionth time.

#16 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 16 February 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Charles, I'm making a wild guess here, but from reading the posts I think swanng is referring to the method used to validate ConBuilder.
"Invite.htm and opening the browser"... mistakenly conflating this method with cloud based services.
I think some folks just do not understand the underlying reasoning for choosing this method...and you are understandably tired of explaining it for the 1millionth time.

?????????
Invite.htm has nothing to do with validating the use of ConBuilder it is just an invitation to join the ConBuilder Support Forum with a clickable URL. Here is the contents:
An Invitation To Join Our Private Forum

Thank You for Purchasing the ConBuilder Utility Suite.
As a purchaser of ConBuilder We have a private Forum where one can get support for ConBuilder, MSTSmanager and the Utilties which takes precedence over all other forums. As You may have noticed We are reluctant to offer any help on the public forums.
Just click the link below and follow the instructions, the Admin will add You once he verifies the information that was sent to him when You made the purchase. Only paid purchasers and some guests are invited, this is not to be given out to anyone, even if they are Your best friend. In that case Your best Friend will get You banned and deleted. Conbuilder Forum Page.
If You are going to be using a different e-mail for the forum than You used with PayPal , we need to know this or You will not be allowed on the forum.
Once You have gotten registered You will receive an e-mail with instructions on what You are to do next to finish the application for registration. On first login, it is suggested that You do two (2) things, first – bookmark the site, second – open the announcements thread go down to the bottom and subscribe to it, that way You will get an e-mail if and when something has been changed/updated or just general info We want You to be aware of.
The ConBuilder Team

#17 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

<Admin Comment>

IMO post #11 is a reply to post #2. Of course had he quoted the text he was responding to then we'd have no need to guess. <hint><hint>

All members should be aware that absent being told by me they are not admins and therefore should refrain from making comments as-if they were. Stuff like "go start your own thread". I'm very touchy about this point, not because I want to be involved in every little matter, FAR from that, but because I've seen a very large percentage of flamefests on boards start with person A posting admin-like comments when they are not in fact an admin and persons b thru z respond along the lines of "who the hell are you to tell me....". So if there is an issue, please bring it tot he attention of one of the admins and they'll make the formal decision.

And FWIW when thread drift is enough of an issue to warrant intervention (not very often) we'll comment on how some posts a bit off topic and then ask if they'd like their comments split off into its own thread. It works and so there is no need to play God and rain hellfire down on the members, even tho we could. Or, to quote Al Capone, "You get farther in life with a smile and a gun than you do with just a gun".

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users