Elvas Tower: Compressor and main reservoir - distributed power units - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Compressor and main reservoir - distributed power units Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:12 PM

Correct, They worked on pressure switches.

Robert

#12 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

View Postistvanek, on 05 February 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

The biggest difference is that with double piped system you have auxiliary reservoirs always charged. This makes the brake 'inexhaustible'. Quite a difference during mountain railroading with old push-pull consist and engine not equipped with dynamic brakes.

That is exactly the same for me. However, there are two different types of air twin pipe. One that keeps the aux res charged and one that requires a manual charge. The latter is already being looked at.

Thanks

#13 User is offline   istvanek 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostCoolhand101, on 06 February 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

That is exactly the same for me. However, there are two different types of air twin pipe. One that keeps the aux res charged and one that requires a manual charge. The latter is already being looked at.

Thanks

What do you mean saying 'manual charge'? Could you show some technical description, link? Doc? I didn't know that there are twin pipe systems which do not charge the aux res as soon as possible. Is it possible to simulate this second system in ORTS? Thank you.

Artur

#14 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

View Postistvanek, on 06 February 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

What do you mean saying 'manual charge'? Could you show some technical description, link? Doc? I didn't know that there are twin pipe systems which do not charge the aux res as soon as possible. Is it possible to simulate this second system in ORTS? Thank you.

Artur

One of the developers is looking into this for air twin pipe. Manual charge is when the train brake handle is in the release position. Prototypical, my push-pull trainset is twin pipe but the auxiliary reservoir will only recharge after an application, when the train brake handle has return to release. This means you must wait up to 20 seconds before re-applying the brake, so the auxiliary reservoir can fully recharge. Also you cannot make a partial release of the brake. This trainset uses a triple valve.

Thanks

#15 User is offline   istvanek 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostCoolhand101, on 06 February 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

One of the developers is looking into this for air twin pipe. Manual charge is when the train brake handle is in the release position. Prototypical, my push-pull trainset is twin pipe but the auxiliary reservoir will only recharge after an application, when the train brake handle has return to release. This means you must wait up to 20 seconds before re-applying the brake, so the auxiliary reservoir can fully recharge. Also you cannot make a partial release of the brake. This trainset uses a triple valve.

Thanks

OK, thanks. I will try it.

Anyway it is much needed (in my opinion) to have fully functional single pipe brake system with a possibility to charge the air line in both directions.

Artur

#16 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Artur, I agree 100% on single pipe systems.

Robert

#17 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

I agree %100 too. At least a parameter to allow it if selected unit is equipped to do this effect (controlling rear unit equipped to signal even trailing rear units to help.)

#18 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

Evening, Have we yet a fix for the single pipe systems which causes the Milwaukee Road electrics to not function correctly in ORTS?

Robert

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users