Elvas Tower: Steam effects for diesel locomotives and passenger cars - Elvas Tower

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steam effects for diesel locomotives and passenger cars Additional parameter Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

I could give it a shot, though I'll have to re-learn that particular part of the.eng/.wag files

#72 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

Howky, What simulator is that second pic from that allows for toggling the steam heat valves? That is just the sorta operation I am looking to try and make functional in ORTS.

Robert

#73 User is offline   Howky 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

SP 0-6-0:
But I just had to show what would be good to do :)

Czech simulator Dop3Sim
https://www.facebook...513216/?fref=ts

#74 User is offline   Stephen 

• Apprentice

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

Having managed to get smoke coming from Brake Van chimney using the
Effects
(

SpecialEffects

( WagonSmokeFX
(
0.45 3.55 -1.1
0.25 1 0
)
)
)

function

Is there any way of making it OFF in the summer and ON for the other seasons?

#75 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostStephen, on 02 November 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Having managed to get smoke coming from Brake Van chimney using the
Effects

Is there any way of making it OFF in the summer and ON for the other seasons?

I have also made it work

Attached Image: Smoking_Caboose.jpg

to get summer and winter use i made 2 wag files one for summer without smoke and one for winter with exhaust and a couple of bat files, simple double click on either changes the effect off and on by swapping the wag files, i have attached a zip to this post it contains a folder named Options, that goes in the caboose file, you would need to alter the bat files with the names of your wag files etc to suit your caboose and make up a couple of wag files similar to the ones i have in the example for your caboose.

I just need to play with the setting to get the smoke volume to my liking.

Attached File  Caboose_Batch_Files.zip (4.06K)
Number of downloads: 456

here is another pic of the caboose after finishing it (based on a DW shape) and tweaking the smoke more, quite pleased with the effect, this time Cajon high desert in winter (last pic was summer by mistake)

Attached Image: smoking_cab.jpg

#76 User is offline   Stephen 

• Apprentice

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:32 AM

View Postburgerbern, on 02 November 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

I have also made it work

to get summer and winter use i made 2 wag files one for summer without smoke and one for winter with exhaust and a couple of bat files, simple double click on either changes the effect off and on by swapping the wag files, i have attached a zip to this post it contains a folder named Options, that goes in the caboose file, you would need to alter the bat files with the names of your wag files etc to suit your caboose and make up a couple of wag files similar to the ones i have in the example for your caboose.

Thanks for that and it does work for me once I'd modified the wagon file to one of mine. However, I was hoping that the smoke would be switched on or off automatically according to the time of year.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this might be done in a way similar to how lights can be turned on or off according to the time of day?

#77 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

Just tried to see if i could add 2 WagonSmokeFX parameter to the caboose and it worked with the smoke now exiting either side of the Tee shaped cowl top of the chimney, interesting when moved about by the wind direction. (i always compress the effects lines into a single as some of my engines have up to 24 exhaust parameters and that takes up a lot of space if not put into single lines)

Effects
(
SpecialEffects
( WagonSmokeFX ( -0.79 4.57 -0.85 -90 0 0 0.07 )
)
SpecialEffects
( WagonSmokeFX ( -0.83 4.57 -0.85 90 0 0 0.07 )
)
)

#78 User is offline   NF1-800 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS and ORTS

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

Hello.
I am having a little problem and i am stuck at half of my project.
So far i managed to add the HeatingHoseFX effect to cars and it works as long as the locomotive (diesel) is the steam generator.
All good till this point.
One thing i cannot get working is HeatingSteamBoilerFX for the locomotive (diesel). I tried either on the wag side and eng side of the eng file, no result. Also changed weather conditions to trigger it, still no. Normally it should work since the HeatingHoseFX effect works in any weather without a hitch.
Another problem i am encountering is when trying to create a steam generator on a car. This time i got no chance not even for the HeatingHoseFX effect to work.
This is the case when the locomotive does not have the ability to turn on the steam heating.
I read the manual but i am not sure if i understood correctly this line from page 101:
"Similarly if any of the co-ordinates are zero, then the effect will not be displayed."
Which coordinates? x y z from the vehicle? Weird, because i do have a 0.0 value, which is the center of the width and the HeatingHoseFX effect works. For the HeatingSteamBoilerFX effect it does not, although there is no 0 value added to coordinates.
Can someone enlighten me?

#79 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:34 AM

Just had a bit of fun getting an exhaust to show on the Speed Swing in the new TS BNSF Seligman ORTS route, my first problem was that after making a solo consist so i could use it it refused to show in the selection menu in ORTS or crashed it depending on what i thought was the error, in the end i believe the prob was that there is a cab sound entry in the eng section without " " around it and as soon as i did that it loaded, but the object of my messing around was to add a visible exhaust to the right place, i believe, correct me if i am wrong that no exhaust appears in the normal way because the engine parametters are either to small to generate it or missing as its only a 185hp motor, so i decided to try the WagonGeneratorFX parameter to give it an exhaust

this is the result

Attached Image: Mow_Swing.jpg

i used these settings applied just below the lighting section and above the external sound line

Effects (
SpecialEffects (
Comment ( Exhaust smoke )
WagonGeneratorFX ( -0.93 3.25 -2.77
25 70 -100
0.08 )
)
)

armed with that i should be able to do the same with a smaller plume to the MOW hy rail truck

#80 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:08 AM

I am trying to smoke a van with a steam boiler for heating and the effects 'HeatingSteamBoilerFX' and 'HeatingHoseFX' show nothing. With the same position, direction and nozzle width settings, the 'WagonGeneratorFX' and 'WagonSmokeFX' effects work correctly.
Can any of you help me with this?

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users