Elvas Tower: MSTS/Kosmos Environments - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MSTS/Kosmos Environments Proposal for Blueprint Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Simon E 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:TS 2022,TANE, OpenRails

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 17 February 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

I see that Esteban Litwinczuk has filed a bug report:

Hi! In the summer of the southern hemisphere (December to February), sunrise around 5am and sunset around 7pm. In Open Rails, this is not seen, and sinrise around 8am, sunset at 4pm.

Wonder if that comes within your brief?

Yes. I have seen this. Its either we have had the Earth hit by an Asteroid, and the weather is out of kilter. A more likely Explanation... Open rails Bug.

Sunrise at 8am and setting at around 4PM In Australia... Nah thats all wrong! And I don't think MSTS ever had it right either.

Ha ha. Im glad a bug report has been filed. The Sky also changes to all different "Un-Earthly" colours as it is doing the wrong sunset for that Southern Hemisphere locale..

And just saw Estebans Bug report. In it He has hit the nail on the head!

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:11 AM

I have checked the code, and in fact there was a trivial error: the calculation of the sun position is very sophisticated, but passing from season to day-of-year was not dependent from the hemisphere.
I have here the .exe files to be replaced within release x.3797, and I ask some austral people to check that sunrise and sunset times are OK now and that the sun points to the north at noon.

19/2/2017: Attachment deleted because patch now uploaded in x.3798.

#13 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:46 AM

Hi, I notice that the sunrise and sunset times for the East Coast of the U.S. are off in OR. I haven't played OR aim a while, but I remember that the sun in OR would rise around 3 am - 4 am for any given location on the East Coast when an user selected winter as a season. In reality, the sun rises between 6 am - 7 am during the winter months here in the U.S. I don't recall if each season has different sunrise and sunset times In OR. Perhaps the sim can eventually take into consideration daylight savings time. It would nice for greater immersion if the sunrise and sunset times more accurately reflected reality.

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

I'd say you don't remember well. Just tested with x.3797 the USA1 route (Northeastern Corridor). Sunrise in winter is about 7 o'clock. Same with the now old stable release 1.0.

#15 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 18 February 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

I have checked the code, and in fact there was a trivial error: the calculation of the sun position is very sophisticated, but passing from season to day-of-year was not dependent from the hemisphere.

Fixed in x.3798.

#16 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 26 January 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

Mr, Murphey, If I may ask a favor? Since MSTS was very limited in the way the animated water works I would like to know if the idea from OpenBVE could be made to function with the standard MSTS/Kosmos environments? Water at 5:19 mark My link

The moving water in the above X-City South v1.4 video also needs some work, but involves a static canal object with ordinary texture, and then two animated, texture shifted alpha-enabled surfaces overlaid; one moving left to right (to match the cloud’s direction of movement), and the other moving along the Z-axis. When combined, they make the water appear to ripple slightly if you look closely for a few seconds, particularly where the tree reflections are visible on the right.

I personally think if the above could be coded to work with the MSTS standard default water that it would be a nice improvement of the Kuju effect while not going overboard.

I think it works in MSTS the same way. Here is example with two layers go in different directions (second layer is this blue line something):
https://www.youtube....h?v=lxTkHSlUVEA
Done with default textures, so doesn't look nice, but works.

#17 User is offline   rdamurphy 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS - OR

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Committed an update yesterday that adds tiling drawn from the .env files. Some things look better, some still need work. But... Progress!

Robert

#18 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

View Postrdamurphy, on 08 April 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Committed an update yesterday that adds tiling drawn from the .env files. Some things look better, some still need work. But... Progress!

Robert

Robert, could you please explain what "Implements correct tiling of MSTS skies" adds/changes.

#19 User is offline   rdamurphy 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS - OR

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

View Postdforrest, on 08 April 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

Robert, could you please explain what "Implements correct tiling of MSTS skies" adds/changes.

Previously, the UV tiling of sky textures was hard coded, bringing on some rather odd results with certain textures. In MSTS, the UV tile coordinates were pulled from the .env files, in order to customize the skies. This is now true of OR.

Thanks!

Robert

#20 User is offline   m61 

• Fireman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

Open Rails Kosmos Environments Test

https://youtu.be/_O83JFxdmg4

http://www.activitys...res/Kosmos..htm

• 5 Pages +