• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does anyone make activities anymore? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

I'd love to use some of the new OR specific activity features but due to the lack of an ORAE it is still necessary to deal with the MSTS AE and it's "quirks" and I've just come to the point where I no longer wish to do that. I'd be willing to pay, PAY, for some good American activities using the new OR capabilities.

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

There are some here and also in the library at TS, going back a year or so and some current stuff - a search will pull them up.
Some are designed for OR (don't know what features you are looking for in an activity) and some are for both OR and MSTS.

#3 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

Mark P. has been making activities lately based in New Jersey. I've seen some Maris Pass activities. Scott Claws is back making activities. Is Joe Lawrence still making activities?

#4 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

Thanks guys. And by OR capabilities I mean features such as advanced shunting and helper locomotives.

#5 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

As I've had time, I've been working on some OR activities. As you note, having to use the MSTS AE is a real deal killer, though. Part of the issue is that MSTS AE "playback" function, clunky enough in MSTS, simply does not show how an activity will play out in OR. So, one is stuck with creating the activity in MSTS, trying it in OR, then tweaking the activity some more, then trying it again. I'm working on one right now that is relatively simple and I've been back and forth at least a dozen times trying to get it timed correctly. That is without adding any OR-specific stuff in the .act file yet (e.g. AI train shunting, etc.).

The sad truth is that OR will NEVER reach its full potential until an OR-specific AE is created. And, as noted above, without a supply of new activities, interest in the sim will evaporate away. In my view, creation of an OR-specific AE should be at the very top of the OR Development Team's priority list. I'm certain that there are a number of simmers who would create activities for OR if the MSTS AE-induced drudgery of it was eliminated by an OR AE.

#6 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

I agree that an activity editor is top priority -- or significant additions to timetable mode to allow swtching.

#7 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:39 AM

conductorchris, on 24 January 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

I agree that an activity editor is top priority -- or significant additions to timetable mode to allow swtching.

Yes please! :mellow:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users