Elvas Tower: Automatic switch track sound - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Automatic switch track sound Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

Yeah I agree..., The automatic track sound is a good feature.., However, In my opinion it would have made more sense if we could have defined it per rolling stock rather than universally route based. As ErikC have mentioned.., Different wheelbases, flat wheels, loaded / empty makes different sounds.... :)

A special discrete trigger can be arranged which would play a sound whenever the rolling stock passes through a switch...

#42 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:05 AM

Just a thought- Do we really mean the Switch causes the wheel noise? Isn`t it the gap in the crossing?
If so there should be a delay after the wheels pass the switch blades, ie the track node.
The sound would play at the crossing, ie. the diverging point. I think the game can detect diverging points, so maybe it would be possible?
Anyway, I really enjoy this feature. Thanks Carlo
rick
defining my terms "switch" the movable blades, next to the red pole, the node.
"crossing" the gap part where the wheel passes the opposite closure rail. The "frog" ( British terms, maybe different elsewhere)

#43 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

It's the gap, yes, but it's easier to say "switch" or "crossing." If I had an absolute choice, I'd want what TS2019 does - the sim knows where the wheel ought to make a noise and it makes a noise every time a wheel passes over. This would work for rail joints, too. All we'd have to do is supply the clips, and that would take me about five minutes of effort, mostly digging through the recordings I have on-hand.

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users