• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5 - Can't save Tsection.dat Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:41 AM

I am currently using TSRE5 with v0.664 exe and it, along with previous versions won't save the Tsection.dat of any mini Route I have (haven't tried it with a standard MSTS install route).

MSTS and all mini Routes are outside of Program Files directories, and TSRE5 is in a folder on the desktop.

I have tried moving the route to another internal drive, tried making sure all the files are not Read Only but still no luck.

I am running 64bit Windows7 on a laptop, I am guessing the problem is mine, but has anyone else had this problem ?

#2 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

These are existing routes you're modifying, or new ones?
You're manipulating Dynamic Track?

#3 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:06 AM

View PostJovet, on 17 January 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

These are existing routes you're modifying, or new ones? You're manipulating Dynamic Track?

Yes these are the Japan1 and Japan2 routes, I am converting them to 1067mm Narrow Gauge using Inflammables Cape Gauge track Set and replacing the Dynamic Track with NG track sections.

But even just replacing the Level Crossing road sections or just loading and saving the route fails to save the Tsection.dat properly.

After a save the Tsection.dat only consists of this

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0T0t______

TrackSections ( 2
)
SectionIdx ( 1
)

These are existing routes you're modifying, or new ones?
You're manipulating Dynamic Track?

#4 User is offline   Simon E 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:TS 2022,TANE, OpenRails

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

View Postespee, on 17 January 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

Yes these are the Japan1 and Japan2 routes, I am converting them to 1067mm Narrow Gauge using Inflammables Cape Gauge track Set and replacing the Dynamic Track with NG track sections.

But even just replacing the Level Crossing road sections or just loading and saving the route fails to save the Tsection.dat properly.

After a save the Tsection.dat only consists of this

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0T0t______

TrackSections ( 2
)
SectionIdx ( 1
)

Cape Gauge in MSTS/OR? Where is this downloaded at? Im very Interested in this....

IGNORE this... I just found it. And a lot more info too. It is about time we got track gauges sorted out. And Differing Roads, US, UK, Australia, EU etc...

This post has been edited by Simon E: 17 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

#5 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

You can find the Cape Gauge track here

http://www.elvastowe...auge-track-set/

#6 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

I was "vaguely" aware that there are two Tsection.dat files but did not realise why...

While looking Dynatrax to possibly replace the dynamic track, and reading the replies to the Dynatrax download on this site; it was made clear that the Tsection.dat that is not being written to, is the "local" one that only contains dynamic track.

Looking more closely at the local Tsection.dat if all the entries are actually for dynamic track, then the route builder that corrected the route for lefthand running and other stuff used 354 pieces of dynamic track ?

If I get rid of all the dynamic track then I guess this issue disappears, but something is still broken as the local Tsection.dat still refuses to be written to...

At the moment the problem may be at my end or TSRE5 ?

#7 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

View Postespee, on 19 January 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

I was "vaguely" aware that there are two Tsection.dat files but did not realise why...
While looking Dynatrax to possibly replace the dynamic track, and reading the replies to the Dynatrax download on this site; it was made clear that the Tsection.dat that is not being written to, is the "local" one that only contains dynamic track.
Looking more closely at the local Tsection.dat if all the entries are actually for dynamic track, then the route builder that corrected the route for lefthand running and other stuff used 354 pieces of dynamic track ?
If I get rid of all the dynamic track then I guess this issue disappears, but something is still broken as the local Tsection.dat still refuses to be written to...
At the moment the problem may be at my end or TSRE5 ?

Yes, the route's local tsection.dat only contains information on that route's Dynamic Track. If I remember correctly, pieces that were created and later removed might not all be purged from the file, so there may be a few less than 354.

What Dynatrax does is it examines each Dynamic Track section in use on the route, and models a static piece of track to the same specifications to replace it. The replacement only happens in the world files. The local tsection.dat should not need to be touched, since it contains the same valid track database information for the Dynamic track.

I am sure Goku can advise once he's back.

#8 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

Your local route tsection.dat is not compatibile with your global tsection.dat. This issue was discussed many times. Convert your route to your global tsection.dat using horace or something.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users