Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.
Geoff

#12 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Thanks "thegrindre", that works fine.

And just for clarity for anyone else who struggles with this. You select the end of the carspawner with left hand mouse click, but then it is moved with the number keys 6 and 4 (or 8 and 2). Once the carspawner is a bit larger than the minimum size that it starts at, you can see the traffic direction on the road. That's because the cars are also spawned in the route editor, not only in the simulation. The controls on the properties sidebar are for speed of the vehicles, and number of vehicles spawned per time interval (traffic density) The traffic density works backwards to what I would have guessed; that is, the number you select is the delay time between the next vehicle arriving. They don't however arrive at regular time intervals. There is some randomness with the time of arrival, but overall, you get less vehicles per minute with a larger number.

Geoff

#13 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:49 AM

Don't forget you can move it with the mouse by dragging. Much easier and quicker, IMO. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/good.gif
Your http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_welcome.gif http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/oldstry.gif

#14 User is online   eolesen 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:04 AM

This functionality only works with a numberpad?... I work on a laptop without a faux-numberpad function, so not being able to use the mouse is a bit of a downer... I could always use a USB numberpad or external keyboard, but that's not always available when I'm working.

#15 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:30 AM

It should work with the top row numbers too on a laptop.
Geoff

#16 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:35 AM

View Posteolesen, on 13 May 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

This functionality only works with a numberpad?... I work on a laptop without a faux-numberpad function, so not being able to use the mouse is a bit of a downer... I could always use a USB numberpad or external keyboard, but that's not always available when I'm working.

You can change the keyboard layout and use arrow keys instead: http://koniec.org/ts...recontrols.html

http://koniec.org/tsre5/rec3.png

#17 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

View Postmrmosky, on 13 May 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

Thanks "thegrindre", that works fine.

And just for clarity for anyone else who struggles with this. You select the end of the carspawner with left hand mouse click, but then it is moved with the number keys 6 and 4 (or 8 and 2). Once the carspawner is a bit larger than the minimum size that it starts at, you can see the traffic direction on the road. That's because the cars are also spawned in the route editor, not only in the simulation. The controls on the properties sidebar are for speed of the vehicles, and number of vehicles spawned per time interval (traffic density) The traffic density works backwards to what I would have guessed; that is, the number you select is the delay time between the next vehicle arriving. They don't however arrive at regular time intervals. There is some randomness with the time of arrival, but overall, you get less vehicles per minute with a larger number.

Geoff

Please excuse me, but, the Upper Value is by default #5 and the lower by default is 20. Which one do I increase/decrease for the Traffic Volume? Obviously the other would be the frequency.

I have manipulated both, and nothing seems to take place. I am using TSRE5- v0.69481 and Open Rails X4156 on the MLT Niagara Corridor Route.

Thank you for any assistance.

#18 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

As Rick said above,

The Car Number makes less vehicles spawn the larger the number.

The Car Speed increases as you make the number larger.

Try 100 in the Car NUmber

and 5 in the Car Speed

the difference should be readily visible

I use those settings on country back roads...

#19 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

Installing spawners is greatly assisted by the [Expand] key. The old MSTS 2 Km length or tile limit no longer applies.
regards,vince

#20 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:37 PM

Not that there is still a limit, though it's larger than the the 2km limit of MSTS. After this point, it is no longer possible to select one or both of the car spawner handles, at least in my experience. As a practical matter, car spawners really shouldn't be that long anyway if it can be avoided, as cars only spawn from either end, there may be long gaps in traffic from one or both directions if a car spawner reaches so far its origin tile isn't loaded

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users