• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiplayer issues Troubleshooting Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NF1-800 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and ORTS

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:58 AM

Hello! I have been playing multiplayer sessions for quite some time either as host or client and I have a couple of issues, so I would like to ask for some guidance to understand what is going wrong.
From what I noticed the host can make operations without any problems, such as shunting cars (loose consists), couple to client train and take over the controls, shunting cars in hump yards, even pick other locomotives that have been added to make a locomotive change.
From what I noticed, clients trying to do the same things end up in server crashing or something else goes wrong.
Before starting a server I make sure all have the same version of OR, the route and rolling stock.
About shunting cars, when there is the host and 1 client, things appear to work, but when there are more clients doing the same thing, it seems things end to a server crash. Have no clue why, but this is the symptom I am thinking of.
About player-player coupling, here whenever the host couples to a client, everything works clockwork but whenever there is a client-client coupling things get out of control, the main problem i think it is that the client that loses the control to the other client, his train has the brakes on from what I recall, at least that’s what they said. After some attempts with this, results into a server crash as well.
About shunting cars in hump yards, the host can easily let go of the cars to roll down on their own but clients are unable to do that. The procedures were followed by closing the air valves to make sure the cars don’t apply the brakes.
About switching to other locomotives, I believe here since the host is the one using the activity and clients connect with explore mode, probably that’s why they don’t have the ability to change too.
What I found to be very annoying is when a client has an unexpected lost connection, such as power cut or internet cut, their problem crashes the server too.
These symptoms occurred while the host server was a home made one, not by using one of those public host servers from tsimserver.
Any feedback is welcomed, who knows, maybe I missed something :).
And above all, congratulations to Open Rails Development Team for all the efforts to make dreams come true! Cheers.

#2 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

If you're experiencing crashing, it's always helpful to have the full and complete relevant Open Rails log files.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users