• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Standing cars trigger LevelCr signals bug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

I appear to have observed a bug related to the feature implemented a while back that allows LevelCr (crossing signals) to interact with more than just moving player and AI-controlled trains.

I was doing some switching in a town with five railroad crossings on the same road. All crossings use only flashing lights, which activate and deactivate to the presence of trains (as LevelCr objects). My switching movements block the first crossing. I backed a set of cars all the way down to the bumper and then dropped all but one off, leaving one tanker car still across the crossing. The moment I uncoupled the rest of the cars, the #2 crossing signals turned on. The lane control signal (buried and silent, just to stop traffic in that lane) at crossing #1 also turned off, and car spawner traffic started driving through the sitting tanker car. A bit later I noticed that no new car spawner traffic was even coming from that direction, so I flew over and looked at the #3-4 crossing (which are semi-combined, and cannot be seen from the first two)... Its lights were not active but one of the buried lane control signals must have been since all the car spawner traffic was backed up there. As I later hitched back up the cars I left, and pulled them clear of the first crossing, everything turned off and broke loose.

What I expected to happen was that only the LevelCr objects at the crossing affected by standing cars to continue in operation. Instead, crossings hundreds of meters away got activated while another LevelCr object under the standing cars actually got turned off.

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:00 AM

I had the same thing awhile ago. I was entering an oil terminal that requires the loco to run around the train and push the wagons into the sidings. The train was quite long and it was over a level crossing. The flashers and sound was on, and i was thinking theres gonna be a mighty supply of car spawning queuing up. But as soon as i detached the loco to run around, the level crossing deactivated and the cars starting moving through the train.

I haven't run an activity like this for a while but i thought this bug was fixed a little while ago, i must of been wrong!

Thanks

#3 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

I will see what I can do. What led to this was initially, a cut of cars without the locomotive would not be recognized while sitting in the crossing. In short, the gates would be up. I am not sure what route is being used, but if you can post a screenshot of the area along with a summary of what gates are operational, I should be able solve the issue.

Edward K.

#4 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

edwardk, on 13 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

I will see what I can do. What led to this was initially, a cut of cars without the locomotive would not be recognized while sitting in the crossing. In short, the gates would be up. I am not sure what route is being used, but if you can post a screenshot of the area along with a summary of what gates are operational, I should be able solve the issue.

Right. MSTS ignored cuts of cars and loose consists near crossings, unlike real life. This never really bothered that much, but I think it's good that OR has strived to improve that.

Unfortunately, the route in question is my personal, heavily-customized version of Rattlesnake Desert, so it isn't just downloadable. But I can send it to you, and tell you what and where, if you feel you still want to mess with it.

#5 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Jovet, on 13 January 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Right. MSTS ignored cuts of cars and loose consists near crossings, unlike real life. This never really bothered that much, but I think it's good that OR has strived to improve that.

Unfortunately, the route in question is my personal, heavily-customized version of Rattlesnake Desert, so it isn't just downloadable. But I can send it to you, and tell you what and where, if you feel you still want to mess with it.

Let me know how you would like to do this. The routes I have been testing have been fine so it would be beneficial for me to test yours.

Edward K.

#6 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

Joseph,

First try this. This is based on X3753. I did find a possible bug so I would like you to test this first. If it does not work, then I will look forward to testing your route.

Edward K.

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

edwardk, on 13 January 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

Joseph,
First try this. This is based on X3753. I did find a possible bug so I would like you to test this first. If it does not work, then I will look forward to testing your route.

Thanks. I've gotten it installed and will give it a spin.

#8 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

Well there are some differences. Now, absolutely every LevelCr around seems to activate when I uncouple. This includes the lane control signal, at the crossing in question, (which was also the furthest at the from the player locomotive) which turned off before despite being under the uncoupled equipment. That's a plus. But the other 4 crossings in the town and on that road all fully activated, which they did not do before. Just to check, I flew to the next town over and it was not active. You have a PM.

#9 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

I am updating everyone as to what the issue is. It turns out that if you have a series of track/crossings connected to the same road, the reported issue involving static cars at crossings will exist. I am hoping that either James or someone else can help understand the road/track/crossing relationship. I found an issue with Goku's editor which I reported as a bug which also involved this issue in a way, but could very well be involving the same issue.

Edward K.

#10 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

I am close to having the issue solved.

Edward K.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic