• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speed & Milepost textcolor... MSTS to ORTS issue Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

For most of my routes, the actual speed shapes from speedpost.dat file are buried. I then use a static speed post with set speeds. The only time i need an actual tex from the speedpost.dat file is to place on a static background. However in OR, this darkens the tex to the light conditions. I agree about the tex being ultra bright in MSTS. It did look out of place. Was it possible to set these objects tex to half bright?

Another bonus that did not work in MSTS was the Shapes for restrictive speeds from the speedpost.dat can use now use a night texture under OR. No more half or full bright texture modes!

And what i found out tonight that never worked in MSTS. Any platform shapes that perform like track pieces in the global folder can now read the night texture from the actual route, providing the SD file in the global folder is set to 257.

Thanks

#12 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostCoolhand101, on 08 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

For most of my routes, the actual speed shapes from speedpost.dat file are buried. I then use a static speed post with set speeds. The only time i need an actual tex from the speedpost.dat file is to place on a static background. However in OR, this darkens the tex to the light conditions.

Yes I've done that as well. And it's not a big deal with speed signs. I even made special shapes designed just to be buried. But mileposts... there are generally too many of them to be practical making specific shapes for each one.

View PostCoolhand101, on 08 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

I agree about the tex being ultra bright in MSTS. It did look out of place. Was it possible to set these objects tex to half bright?

No (and half-bright might have been the mode it used, I don't remember). There's no way to control the lighting mode because MSTS is rendering them in real time, internally... just like a Forest region or signal light. There is no .s file and so no way to tweak how it's composed and rendered. OR operates the same way, of course, and so one has to dig into the code to see how the rendering actually happens. I do think it would be beneficial to give the user control of this, perhaps in the speedpost.dat file, assigning each texture filename some material/rendering parameters, or something.

#13 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, it is indeed a "light" problem, if i turn of the light of te train, the numbers are white, if i turn them on, bright or full, the color change incase lightbeam.

Put the textures in nightmap was no solution too.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users