• You cannot reply to this topic

Fall in the late 40's Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

View Postrfranzosa, on 20 March 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'll do my best to make it worth the wait!

Here's where I left off. Cab car detailing is the hold up (and there's no interior in the tail car).

RPO-Bag-Coach

Attached File  Zephyr1.JPG (74.53K)
Number of downloads: 3

Car 500 - Coach (added to the consist in 1938)

Attached File  Zephyr2.JPG (95.99K)
Number of downloads: 2

Tail car

Attached File  Zephyr3.JPG (78.46K)
Number of downloads: 2

#12 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostCoonskin, on 20 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

OR... you could learn to build models and make one yourself.

You're welcome. :hi:

Well, since I'm busy with an actual job running a server farm and web host. I don't have time to learn how to create rolling stock. Give me a piece of hardware and I'm a whiz.

Also, I wasn't asking anyone to make me the Flying Yankee, in the video of the original post there was a copy of the Flying Yankee and I was asking where to obtain it. Or you could mind your own business and not butt in when you weren't asked to. You're not welcome.

View Postrfranzosa, on 20 March 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Here's where I left off. Cab car detailing is the hold up (and there's no interior in the tail car).

RPO-Bag-Coach

Attachment Zephyr1.JPG

Car 500 - Coach (added to the consist in 1938)

Attachment Zephyr2.JPG

Tail car

Attachment Zephyr3.JPG

Looking good, If I can't find out were the original poster got his copy of the flying yankee, I'll get into the back of the line to buy a copy of yours.

#13 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

If you go back and read the OP again, you will see he is asking for comments on repaints. This is what led me to suggest that it is in fact a repaint of a model from the Rail Fan Marcel site with one car removed.

#14 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

Northwest Railfan said:

"Well, since I'm busy with an actual job running a server farm and web host. I don't have time to learn how to create rolling stock."

Well bless your little heart. Have to work, huh? FWIW, I'm currently doing 6 day work weeks and just last Saturday was a full 12 hours plus commute time. Home about 2245 hrs and up just after dawn to take care of other commitments/etc. Gotta' feeling I'm not the only other one on this forum that's a bit "busy".

"Also, I wasn't asking anyone to make me the Flying Yankee, in the video of the original post there was a copy of the Flying Yankee and I was asking where to obtain it. Or you could mind your own business and not butt in when you weren't asked to. You're not welcome."

Your clarification wasn't needed. But for the record, my comment was just a bit of back-handed humor from years and years on the forums. Wasn't intended to hurt your feelings. However, there is a certain amount of truth in it. For example, I've ended up learning to build some stuff (routes, models, repaints, etc) simply because what I wanted wasn't available and others didn't take much interest in my interests... so I either had to learn to do some of the route/model work, or do without.

As for "butt in when you weren't asked to": This is a public forum, so guess what?

You're going to get that.

Don't like it?

Don't do forums.

Otherwise suck it up buttercup and move along with your forum life, or leave, or whatever. Your call.

Have a nice day. (Another back-handed attempt at humor. I wish you no ill. Might consider this: If you're going to do forums, you might want to consider getting some thicker skin along the way.)

#15 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

View PostCoonskin, on 21 March 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

Northwest Railfan said:

"Well, since I'm busy with an actual job running a server farm and web host. I don't have time to learn how to create rolling stock."

Well bless your little heart. Have to work, huh? FWIW, I'm currently doing 6 day work weeks and just last Saturday was a full 12 hours plus commute time. Home about 2245 hrs and up just after dawn to take care of other commitments/etc. Gotta' feeling I'm not the only other one on this forum that's a bit "busy".

"Also, I wasn't asking anyone to make me the Flying Yankee, in the video of the original post there was a copy of the Flying Yankee and I was asking where to obtain it. Or you could mind your own business and not butt in when you weren't asked to. You're not welcome."

Your clarification wasn't needed. But for the record, my comment was just a bit of back-handed humor from years and years on the forums. Wasn't intended to hurt your feelings. However, there is a certain amount of truth in it. For example, I've ended up learning to build some stuff (routes, models, repaints, etc) simply because what I wanted wasn't available and others didn't take much interest in my interests... so I either had to learn to do some of the route/model work, or do without.

As for "butt in when you weren't asked to": This is a public forum, so guess what?

You're going to get that.

Don't like it?

Don't do forums.

Otherwise suck it up buttercup and move along with your forum life, or leave, or whatever. Your call.

Have a nice day. (Another back-handed attempt at humor. I wish you no ill. Might consider this: If you're going to do forums, you might want to consider getting some thicker skin along the way.)

I little bit about me, I have Cerebral Palsy, Seizure Disorder, I'm a bit Autistic, and have problems, especially in written form, discerning tone or subtleties in speech. There is a reason I work with computers not people. But despite my disabilities, I went to school, earned three degrees, and support myself by not living on the government dole. So go ahead and judge me on my appearance, most people do. If you knew what type of life I've lead, with the bullying, teasing, and general ridicule I've faced in my life you might realize just how thick my skin really is.

I am an admin on this site, and enjoy the hobby. Why should I not be allowed to be here because of my disability? Why do you, who I guess is perfect, have a greater right to be here?

With that said, I will apologize for any misunderstanding, I may have had with you. But I have dealt with people like you before. Bullies that say they are just Joking when called out.

#16 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 21 March 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

If you go back and read the OP again, you will see he is asking for comments on repaints. This is what led me to suggest that it is in fact a repaint of a model from the Rail Fan Marcel site with one car removed.

Yes, I re-read the original post and I mistakenly thought he was asking for comment on the video, and not the re-paint, that was my bad. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users