• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Happy Christmas to All Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Railroad Librarian 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:45 AM

Just caught the CP Christmas Train with the kids...woo hoo!

This is the new TigerTrains consist and it's wonderful! Happy Holidays to all here.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Xmas_Train-1a.jpg
  • Attached Image: Xmas_Train-2.jpg
  • Attached Image: Xmas_Train-3.jpg
  • Attached Image: Xmas_Train-4.jpg
  • Attached Image: Xmas_Train-5.jpg

#2 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

Merry Christmas to you to.

Gonna share some screenshots I used for Christmas cards for some of my friends in the hobby, whether digital or twelve inches to the foot.

N&W C630 1134 blasts out of a tunnel with two more Alcos behind, two more Alcos on the back, and 72 loaded coal hoppers in the middle. Made for a friend who loves his Alcos, especially of the N&W and Reading variety.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 11-26-32.jpg

A trio of Rio Grande tunnel motors and a GP30 lug a coal drag along the banks of the Colorado River. This line, the D&RGW Moffat Sub west of the Hot Sulphur Springs, is perhaps my favorite stretch of railroad. This one was for a close friend in the Denver area who I've met in person and hung out with several times.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 11-48-20.jpg

Over to the fictional side of things, where a Cincinnati & Norfolk 2-8-2 blazes through the snow with a high-priority Christmas merchandise train in tow. This one was for rrfan96.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 02-35-58.jpg

How about a fictional country? The Grand Central puts on a grand performance as DG3 0-8-0 346 and CM1 4-6-2 516 doublehead a fancy excursion through the Lhaix Loop in Borawia. Made for Jonatan Gronoset, who finely modeled these two majestic steamers.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 04-26-15.jpg

A trio of steam locomotives from all over the world have a chat by a turntable as a Chicago, Mishawaka, & Toledo train with four SD50s leading rumbles by. This is based on a YouTube series by ET user Zecora, and the CM&T is one of his fictional projects. You can obviously guess who this one was for.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 05-33-24.jpg

The next card had so many great screenshots that I couldn't pick just one to post! The first shot was the one that made it into Fleegle411's Christmas card, but I felt the others were too good to leave behind. Based on his fictional Newark Northwestern, with a commemorative engine I've made for each of his birthdays since 2012 leading the way.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 07-33-30.jpg

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 07-30-50.jpg

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 07-35-13.jpg

The final card I made was made for someone who unfortunately made a series of bad mistakes which led to him being booted from this site, but who I've helped with his MSTS projects nonetheless. A series of private cars capped off by observation car Caritas trail on a FBL steam excursion led by SP 4-8-2 4312, all painted by NYCfan01.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2016-12-25 08-31-35.jpg

And finally, a personal holiday greeting from me to all of you at Elvas Tower. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Attached Image: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users